Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Five Years Ago Today...

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His timestamp was 6:11 for me. haha...

The morning show I listen to had a pretty cool thing they played... Had to just stop and listen (as if I kept working I would likely cut my hand off haha...) Anyway- you can check it out here as a download or podcast or listen from location.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was dreaming that I was collecting aluminum cans with this gorgeous girl that I had a huge crush on. I woke up to my crazy neighbor, kevin, blowing what sounded like a conch shell. HE was screaming for everyone to get up. I remember people yelling at him to shut up. I was so angry that he had interupted my dream. The next thing I know I hear footsteps coming up my stairs... "Wake up guys!"
    "Kevin! how the @#$% did you get into my house?"
    "I climbed through your window..."
    "Why?"
    "two planes have just crashed into the World Trade Center!"
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (kahnli @ Sep. 11 2006,2:31)]I was dreaming that I was collecting aluminum cans with this gorgeous girl that I had a huge crush on. I woke up to my crazy neighbor, kevin, blowing what sounded like a conch shell. HE was screaming for everyone to get up. I remember people yelling at him to shut up. I was so angry that he had interupted my dream. The next thing I know I hear footsteps coming up my stairs... "Wake up guys!"
    "Kevin! how the @#$% did you get into my house?"
    "I climbed through your window..."
    "Why?"
    "two planes have just crashed into the World Trade Center!"
    [QUOTE]

Whoa!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your friend Kevin must be prone to panic .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had turned on the TV, and was flipping chanels (I usualy had about 10 min's of free time b4 I had to go wait for the bus back then) and I saw some kind of reports, and I was like Wow some building got hit. W/e, So I walked out side and my friend came to the bus stop.

Me: "hey Did you hear about the building that got hit?
    Friend: "yea, the world trade center"
    Me: "I bet it will start a war or something for who ever did it"
    Friend: "I really doubt it its just a building, the USA is just gonna say some stuff to them threatin them and nothing wil happen"

But you have to rember I was 11, and my friend 12, we didnt know alot aobut politics and what was really going on, well my friend did. But I just had this gut feeling that their was gonna be a war.

And I had lived on Base in South Dakota, and it was crazy cause the next day, Big bricks, and Gates closing at certain times... alot more aircraft stuff, people started panicing, my band teacher started crying cause her son was flying on a plane to NY. She didnt know if it was his or not until later. But I guess some bases closed and stuff, (I know the school I was at in alaska and the base did their too).

Kinda crazy things... I guess Its just another disaster, not the biggest deal, but then again It happend when I didnt really care about any thing except for my self.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was taking a US History Test when another teacher came in and said turn on the TV. So my teacher did and we saw the building on fire. Then we saw the second plane strike. Our teacher turned off the TV after about the fifth replay of it, and told us to finish our tests. I couldn't really focus. I then proceeded to AP Bio, and we watched the news. We saw the first towers collapse. I also remember seeing people jumping from windows on the towers. Then of course we hear that the pentagon was hit and another plane crashed in a field. It was hard to really assorb. Though it seemed appropaite that we were taking a US History test when it happened. For US History changed that day. The world has changed. There is no argueing that. The talk at lunch, halls, and classes were mainly about revenge and who done it.
    -Doug

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it&#33 but 'That's funny ...'
    -Isaac Asimov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Five years and one week ago today, I was at the World Trade Center. My aunt, uncle, cousin and grandmother were living about 2 blocks away, and I was staying with them and visiting colleges. My grandmother's room had an incredible view of the towers, and she mentioned, jokingly, "I always wonder what would happen if they fell...would they fall on us?"

One week later, the day before my senior year of high school would start, I had gotten up early to finish up some summer work (I'm a big procrastinator). Actually, I had decided to play Chrono Trigger instead. I was fighting Gato when the phone rang and I answered. It was my mother's cousin calling from Austria. She wanted to know how my NYC relatives were doing. "Fine," I answered, a little confused, wondering how she knew I had been there, and why she'd call me instead of just calling them. Then she said the world trade center had collapsed.

Anyway...after a day or two of trying to contact them, we got ahold and found out they were alright. My uncle, who was taking my cousin for a walk in his stroller, saw the first plane hit. They had actually been planning on going to the WTC later that day.
    -Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Presto @ Sep. 11 2006,3:26)]Anyway...after a day or two of trying to contact them, we got ahold and found out they were alright. My uncle, who was taking my cousin for a walk in his stroller, saw the first plane hit. They had actually been planning on going to the WTC later that day.

Creepy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast