What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sometimes you hit paydirt

• Thread starter Est
  • Start date
  • Tags
    lady

Est

War. War never changes.
Staff member
The title says it: I recently got a pretty sweet sidejob. My friend Jesse originally had it, but he passed the torch down to me when he went away to college (like 30-40 minutes away
smile_n_32.gif
)

Pretty much what I do is feed a cat for a wealthy lady (she's very nice, too.) The house is in a nice neighborhood and has a nice view. So all I do is go there (on my my way to/from school) and pay attention to the cat, feed him, and give 'im some new water. What does this average of 12 minutes get me? 12 bucks.
smile_n_32.gif

So I get to have a relaxing time with a nice view, feeding and paying attention to a pleasant cat and get payed an inordinate amount of money for it. Considering that I go almost every day (scheduled,) that cash adds up pretty fast. My first check is what helped pay for a lot of the new computer stuff I just bought.
smile_m_32.gif

Anyone else have tales about hitting paydirt?

i got money for watching a ladys cat acros the street...all i did was sift the litter box and she gave me 10 bucks. and it was only one day. during christmas im watching the cat for 2 weeks...yea
biggrin.gif

Alex

I once got paid a lot to reset a nice womans circuit breaker. She was more than happy to pay the bill and I was more than happy to recieve the payment.

smile_n_32.gif

I've been offered to have a job as a tutor, but unfortunately my rents said no because our schedule is so erratic.

People have paid me to distress, bleach, and rip up their jeans. What can I say? I'm a fashion savant
laugh.gif

smile_h_32.gif

Wouldnt call it paydirt, but I got to babysit 2 dogs and 2 cats at y house got paid like 200 bucks for a week... the cat was a demon! It wouldnt come out from in the closet (under the stair well I sleep in the basement) And She pee'd all over down their... and uhhg... It riipped me and my moms arm's off and hid in the rafters under the Floor boards...

but The money was kinda worth it...

heres the opposite of paydirt...6 dogs(4 adult and 2 puppies[big ones]), one week, two times a day, and had to give medication to the oldest dog for allergies. they pooed all over the house and the puppies peed in their cages so i had to clean them everyday. i only got 50 bucks for it.
Alex
smile_h_32.gif

confused.gif

Pff I would say Im not givnig you the dogs back until you pay me the right amount!

lol Looks like I'm pretty lucky because my job is not only easy and pays well, but it's consistant, too. If I work 30 days a month I get 360 bucks. AND it's under the table, so I don't pay tax on it.
smile_n_32.gif

On top of it all, I can still get a "real" job as well. I'm keeping my eyes open for something that doesn't completely suck.
smile_m_32.gif

feeders supply will be my first job! BAHAHAHAHAh!
confused.gif
confused.gif

EDIT: first real job...i used to work at a resturant in the kitchen...i got below minimum wage and i only worked like 5 times the whole summer.

You made that? Awesome!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I once got paid a lot to reset a nice womans circuit breaker.

Now thats one job I'd hate to see outsourced
smile_n_32.gif

Here at college I get paid via a work studies program to drive one of them fancy zero turn mowers around and mow grass, then I get to drive big John Deere tractors all over!
smile.gif

Caps, good for you hitting paydirt. Congrats on that game.

Neph, grac. sounds like my fantasy job.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Sep. 11 2006,10:37)]We made a little game that checks in at number two on the all-time sales list, right behind "The Sims". That changed my life!
You work/worked at Blizzard?

If you've worked on Starcraft, I both worship you and curse you for stealing all of those hours of my life.

Not starcraft, Diablo.

sorry I never played any of the Diablo games. I played starcraft... and wasted my youth! Still kinda do though... even though that was only 2 years ago When I kinda really stoped playing.

Now I occasionaly get on and suppor suxxers!

Congrats!

I loved the first Diablo, the second game wasn't as fun. So, when's Hellgate coming out?
smile_n_32.gif
Please make it for the Xbox360.

Wouldnt they have to team up with microsoft?

PC first, Larry! Consoles MAY follow. We're looking at a release of early/mid next year at this point. It's playing great at this time, and will be showing at the Tokyo Game Show next week.

As someone said, our company made the Diablo series (we were Blizzard North), but we participated to a small degree on all the -craft games. A couple years ago we resigned, and started a new company, Flagship Studios, with a whole slew of old Blizzardians.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As someone said, our company made the Diablo series (we were Blizzard North), but we participated to a small degree on all the -craft games. A couple years ago we resigned, and started a new company, Flagship Studios, with a whole slew of old Blizzardians.

Which is a history that many gamers know.
smile_m_32.gif

Always did enjoy the Diablo games.

Back