What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crate training tips?

Friends of mine had a dog that would freak out when alone and once even ripped up a good bit of kitchen linoleum.  None of us thought about crates in those days, but they discovered leaving a radio playing NPR while they were away kept the dog out of trouble all day.  And left her much better informed than the average US voter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Sep. 16 2006,6:16)]Friends of mine had a dog that would freak out when alone and once even ripped up a good bit of kitchen linoleum.  None of us thought about crates in those days, but they discovered leaving a radio playing NPR while they were away kept the dog out of trouble all day.  And left her much better informed than the average US voter.
I tried the radio already, she still screams.

0zzy you told me you had a loaded gun in your car and your friend was high as a kite, so why do you think they wanted to deport you??
smile_l_32.gif

Oh, and I know you've been nothing but nice to me and I thank you for that
smile.gif

I never said I had a loaded gun in my car, and my friend wasn't high.
It was an unloaded gun. I had to remove the clip when I was flying with it earlier that day. And my friend was passed out drunk, not high.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Sep. 16 2006,10:16)]I never said I had a loaded gun in my car, and my friend wasn't high.
It was an unloaded gun. I had to remove the clip when I was flying with it earlier that day. And my friend was passed out drunk, not high.
Oh my bad

I went to the Canadian website and used the Canadian version of the freedom of information act and I got a copy of the surveillance tape of when I tried to cross the border. If anybody wants to see it here it is.

Oct. 16th 1997

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Sep. 16 2006,10:35)]I went to the Canadian website and used the Canadian version of the freedom of information act and I got a copy of the surveillance tape of when I tried to cross the border. If anybody wants to see it here it is.

Oct. 16th 1997
OMG that was too funny!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Almost as funny as this.

Very good!
laugh.gif

Great news! I put the door back on the crate and my dog is totally fine with it. I tell her to go in her crate and she doesn't even hesitate and gets right in
smile.gif
I don't leave the room yet though. I put all her toys in and she gets a treat once in awhile when she's all quiet. She goes to sleep within 10 minutes, so she's come a long way! I'm so proud of her
laugh.gif

Back