Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crate training tips?

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both my dogs have loved their crates. Its 3/4 covered so they have "cave part" and an "I can see" part. Ollies enjoys his crate and goes in happily when I say "crate". And sometimes he leaves ME to go get in his crate. *sniff* And being the morning sleepyhead he is, after I get up, he goes to the kitchen to his crate to catch a few more minutes of shuteye before he's put out for the day.

And yes, crate training a puppy is different than a traumatized adult. But I still feel there is a way to balance letting her see its ok to be alone AND being sensitive to her need to be reassured you not leaving. You can't live your life taking turns sitting with her in a car so she's not alone. In fact, I would only take her out places when you can just be with her and not need to leave her...at least until she is more adjusted.

Max...what a sweet dog!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Sorryyyy 0zzyyyyy

No you're not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Sep. 15 2006,7:30)]
    Quote[/b] ]Sorryyyy 0zzyyyyy

No you're not

Oh come on now! Yes I am! But now I'm mad at you for another post you made in one of my threads

That's good advice PAK.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]But now I'm mad at you for another post you made in one of my threads
    Sorry, but there are so many you'll have to narrow it down a little. What could I have possiably done that would make you mad at me? I have never been nothing but nice to you. Even though your country tried to arrest for no good reason and then kicked me out of snowbirdland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friends of mine had a dog that would freak out when alone and once even ripped up a good bit of kitchen linoleum. None of us thought about crates in those days, but they discovered leaving a radio playing NPR while they were away kept the dog out of trouble all day. And left her much better informed than the average US voter.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Sep. 16 2006,6:16)]Friends of mine had a dog that would freak out when alone and once even ripped up a good bit of kitchen linoleum. None of us thought about crates in those days, but they discovered leaving a radio playing NPR while they were away kept the dog out of trouble all day. And left her much better informed than the average US voter.
    I tried the radio already, she still screams.

0zzy you told me you had a loaded gun in your car and your friend was high as a kite, so why do you think they wanted to deport you??

Oh, and I know you've been nothing but nice to me and I thank you for that
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never said I had a loaded gun in my car, and my friend wasn't high.
    It was an unloaded gun. I had to remove the clip when I was flying with it earlier that day. And my friend was passed out drunk, not high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Sep. 16 2006,10:16)]I never said I had a loaded gun in my car, and my friend wasn't high.
    It was an unloaded gun. I had to remove the clip when I was flying with it earlier that day. And my friend was passed out drunk, not high.
    Oh my bad
    Great Googly Moogly!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast