What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There's a difference between

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Sep. 16 2006,6:20)]Homophone? Ain't that Andy Dicks cell phone?
yes.

i have a buddy who can not spell. he spells loser "losser".

this thread is quit stupid, don't you think?
how bout those lazy people who don't bother to capitalize the first letter of their sentences. what's that all about?

see you latter, guys.

I had a college educated gf that didn't know the difference between won't and want. To her the word won't didn't even exist. She used want in the place of it. I tried to explain it to her over and over but she couldn't ever get it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Sep. 15 2006,8:25)]I know we have had a few posts in the past where someone has tried to get people to use the right words when they are posting and to spell words correctly.  Usually they go in one ear and out the other.  However I will give this a try in the hopes that some of you will give it a try.

I have noticed that many people are using the word "loose" instead of "lose".

First lets tackle "lose".
If you lose something it's gone or dead.  eg. If you guys don't quite using "loose" instead of "lose" I'm gonna lose my mind!
smile_n_32.gif

Second lets take on the word "loose".
When you loose something, you release it.  When you guys loose a plant I'm left wondering who you dropped it on.
If something is loose it is not attached. eg. The loose end of the rope was dangling in the water.

Kapish??
eg. If you guys don't quite using "loose" instead of "lose" I'm gonna lose my mind!

Hey BCK, you used the word quite incorrectly!!! I mean it was quite nice of you to state your opinion, but you can't seem to quit using words incorrectly!

I like Andy ****.... He should get his show back!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Sep. 17 2006,1:22)]I like Andy ****.... He should get his show back!
I liked him on Newsradio.

So... all this time folks were writing 'loose' for 'lose' and they weren't typos? Hey... how about mixing up 'affect' and 'effect'?

And then there's D. capensis....
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I've been waiting for "Why is my D. caMale Organ losing dew?"

"Look at these sticky pics of my D. caMale Organ!"

Oh my...ewww

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Sep. 17 2006,6:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Sep. 17 2006,1:22)]I like Andy ****.... He should get his show back!
I liked him on Newsradio.

So... all this time folks were writing 'loose' for 'lose' and they weren't typos? Hey... how about mixing up 'affect' and 'effect'?

And then there's D. capensis....
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I prefered Joe Rogan.... >;-D

I've been waiting for "Why is my D. camale reproductive organ losing dew?"

"I love my D. camale reproductive organ !!"

"Look at these sticky pics of my D. camale reproductive organ !"

Oh my...ewww

[b said:
Quote[/b] (NJnewbie @ Sep. 17 2006,5:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Sep. 15 2006,8:25)]I know we have had a few posts in the past where someone has tried to get people to use the right words when they are posting and to spell words correctly. Usually they go in one ear and out the other. However I will give this a try in the hopes that some of you will give it a try.

I have noticed that many people are using the word "loose" instead of "lose".

First lets tackle "lose".
If you lose something it's gone or dead. eg. If you guys don't quite using "loose" instead of "lose" I'm gonna lose my mind!
smile_n_32.gif

Second lets take on the word "loose".
When you loose something, you release it. When you guys loose a plant I'm left wondering who you dropped it on.
If something is loose it is not attached. eg. The loose end of the rope was dangling in the water.

Kapish??
eg. If you guys don't quite using "loose" instead of "lose" I'm gonna lose my mind!

Hey BCK, you used the word quite incorrectly!!! I mean it was quite nice of you to state your opinion, but you can't seem to quit using words incorrectly!
You lost me
smile_n_32.gif

@NJnewbie
as per the Mirriam-Webster online dictionary, "lose" when used as an intransitive verb:
1 : to lose touch with reality; also : to go crazy

Well, I have jest one thing to say on the subject.
I am not a very good tpyist, but I sure know how to speel.LOL

Aahhh, Thanks Lois. Missed that. Darn speel chuckers good at spelting, burt quite loosy at grummer!
smile_m_32.gif

I am well rounded in most things but master of none.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JMurphy97 @ Sep. 16 2006,2:20)]Thought I was done with school.
Life is school...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dyflam @ Sep. 19 2006,7:16)]
[b said:
Life is school...
..... and the steaks (sic) are hire (also sic).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Sep. 19 2006,9:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dyflam @ Sep. 19 2006,7:16)]
[b said:
Life is school...
..... and the steaks (sic) are hire (also sic).
Did you mean [sic]? (ref. Wikipedia)

can't believe no one mentioned THEN and THAN... oh, that one bothers me more then you can imagine.

I can't believe you people have such problems with English.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Travis @ Sep. 18 2006,12:30)]I am well rounded...
Me too, and the %$^$# doctor told me to cut down on the square meals.
smile_l_32.gif

you guys are dorks. quite being so darn picky

Pie are squared?
confused.gif
Eeh = emcee squared? Peavy = En artie?

Back