What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There's a difference between

Jim,
I think you need to add speelcheck to your signature.LOL
Lois

[b said:
Quote[/b] (flytraplady5 @ Sep. 21 2006,2:13)]Jim,
I think you need to add speelcheck to your signature.LOL
Lois
Loess: But it's such a gneiss signature...

Okay One last volley here.
If an unhappy employeee is disgruntled, does that make an happy employee gruntled???
confused.gif

And if that same disgruntled employee has gasoline poured on him and lit up, would you say that he is flammable or inflammable?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Sep. 22 2006,6:17)]And if that same disgruntled employee has gasoline poured on him and lit up, would you say that he is flammable or inflammable?
Neither, of course, once ignited, he would no longer be flammable, but inflamed, ignited or burning. And inflammable has two common meanings, the first is the same as flammable - easily ignited; the second would be that he is easily angered or excited.

Scientific studies have shown that as long as the first and last letter are correct most people know what your writing. Prehips thits woy we awl mache a spleling musteke frim tome to tome!!!
I think SMS also has a lot to answer for....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joseph Clemens @ Sep. 22 2006,6:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Sep. 22 2006,6:17)]And if that same disgruntled employee has gasoline poured on him and lit up, would you say that he is flammable or inflammable?
Neither, of course, once ignited, he would no longer be flammable, but inflamed, ignited or burning. And inflammable has two common meanings, the first is the same as flammable - easily ignited; the second would be that he is easily angered or excited.
I knew it! I gnu it! I new I shoulda omitted the ignited part! Ratz! Darn Clemens joseph! (This is beginning to read like a Bugweed post).

Now where's the Granola... I mean Granelo?  
smile_m_32.gif

I won't even get into there, their, and they're.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gareth @ Sep. 22 2006,7:57)]tome to tome!!!
spelling mistake from "tome to tome"
that's kinda funny.

Okay well I have another one.
If a husband and wife are living apart(like in ex) they are said to be estranged.
Now if the get back together are they stranged or jest strange.?

Back