Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filtered water from fridge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Can I water my plants with the filtered water that comes out of my fridge? Is there any way I can tell if the water is filtered enough cause my bf doesn't know how well it is filtered.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nope- that is most likely a charcoal filter.. so it removes chemicals etc... but nothing for TDS (total disolved solids)
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Sep. 17 2006,11:28)]Nope- that is most likely a charcoal filter.. so it removes chemicals etc... but nothing for TDS (total disolved solids)
    Thanks
    Great Googly Moogly!

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some fridges have RO filters built in, but it's uncommon. You'd need to get a TDS testing kit to be sure, so don't start using that water before testing it. You can get water testing kits from chemistry supply stores, or generic scientific supply stores. Try Carolina Biological Supply.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok here's another question. I have a pond outside. It's got 2 huge goldfish and approx 8 frogs in it. I do not put any chemicles into the water, i just put the hoze in the pond and fill it up. So can I use that pond water to water my plants? Wouldn't that be like taking regular water and letting it sit for 72 hours and then watering your plants with it? Would the mess that the fish and frogs make be bad for my plants?
    Great Googly Moogly!

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really Joe? In the years I worked with appliances I'd never heard of that. But it was years ago. I would Highly like to see a link to one though!!
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a TDS tester, I can test your water for you. I tested my tap water here and it's ok to use on cp's.

I would think that tap water in fla. have a high chance of being ok for cp's.

I would give you my address and offer to test your water for you but I'm afraid that if I do, I would have a big flock of snowbirds migrate to my front yard. I really don't want to have to shoot anymore of them. We already are over run with them now.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ Sep. 17 2006,9:37)]Ok here's another question. I have a pond outside. It's got 2 huge goldfish and approx 8 frogs in it. I do not put any chemicles into the water, i just put the hoze in the pond and fill it up. So can I use that pond water to water my plants? Wouldn't that be like taking regular water and letting it sit for 72 hours and then watering your plants with it? Would the mess that the fish and frogs make be bad for my plants?
    Niki, The only thing that letting the water set for 72hrs will do is get rid of the chlorine in the water. The disolved minerals are still there. The mess/feces from the fish and frogs may not hurt your plants immediatly, but they will leave nutrients in the soil that will eventually build up enough to kill your plants. The same goes for most tap water. My tap water has an average TDS of 64. Unfortunatly, most of it's in the form of NaCl or salt which is a result of the chemical reaction between the chemicals they use in the treatment of the town water supply to make it drinkable. I can use it to water my plants, but experience has shown that by the end of 8 months my plants will be dead from the salt build up in their soil. That's not to say your tap water will do the same. If the TDS for your water is low enough, it should be OK.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast