What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will the World look like in 2056?

Cynic81

Frakkin Toaster
A very interesting idea I stole from another forum. What do you think the world will look like in 50 years? Here I offer some of my predictions:

ZeWorld.jpg

The Major Players:
Dark Blue: Anglo-American Union
over the course of the next 50 years the relationship between Britain and the US will continue to deepen to the point that political union becomes feasible, and the desire to balance the growing power of the (still friendly) EU and the (not so friendly) Sino-Russo axis in the east and the venezuela-bolivian alliance in the west. Another layer of federalism will be placed over all the major Commonwealth members and the US, with the capital in New York (probably not, but darn if I don't hold the hope of New York becoming the capital of the world :p).

Cyan: EU
Needs no introduction. A major bloc in its own right, remains friendly with the AAU due to continued hostility from Russia/China. It will fight hard to get the Ukraine in and use it's agricultural power to create ethanol (I don't think people would feel comfortable eating Ukranian wheat for another few hundred years).

Purple: India
The second most powerful economy on earth behind the AAU. Shares responsibility for economic/military aid to Korea and Taiwan with the AAU and Japan in order to help contain China.

Dark Red: Russia
Likely to become a state capitalist dictatorship, Pinochet style, though a return to soviet style rule is not out of the question. In either event autocracy will be the order of the day, as well an alliance with China in order to oppose the EU/AAU. Rexpansion into central Asia is certainly a possibility, especially in the case of Kazakhstan which contains the Cosmodrome, Russia's most important space launch facility.

Red: Venezuela/Bolivia Alliance
A south american communist bloc to make Cuba look like small potatoes. Tied economically to the Ruso-Sino axis.

Yellow: Japan
Though closely allied with the AAU, is too great an economic power to be considered their satellite.

Dark Grey: China
China has some very serious problems looming in the future. It's econmic growth is unsustainable, the one child policy and lack of women will lead to a catatstrohpic decline in population, and the growing middle class is not going to like being told what to do with thier new wealth. If it survives these problems, China will likely join in alliance with Russia in the face of growing encirclement as India rises, Japan continues to dominate economically, and both powers join with the AAU to support the smaller powers surrounding it, like Taiwan and Korea.

Light Grey: Brazil
Enriched by sales of Ethanol fuel, has grown to become THE major power in South America while locked in a three way dance of death with the V/B alliance and local AAU satellites Peru and Chile.

Brown: Iran
The future of Iran is actually quite uncertain. A second revolution is quite llikely for a number of reasons, and if that happens expect a religiously conservative democracy. If the regime survives, expect more of the same with a few trinket reforms to keep the people happy. In either case, it will have to become a Russian client state in the face of the collapse of oil, and will attempt to rush in to fill the void as the middle east inevitably begins to further break down.

Green: Major AAU Satellites
Korea: As china's economic growth slows, it will no longer be able to tolerate the parasite that is North Korea, resulting in it's final and complete implosion. South Korea will seize the opportunity to reunite the peninsula, at the cost of knifing their economy in the teh butt for awhile as the north is slowly rebuilt with aid from Japan, Inida, and the AAU. The China/Korea border becomes the new DMZ.

Cuba: Following Castro's death, his brother will not be able to maintain the communist regime. What ensues will be a democracy propped up by the AAU. Whether this democracy is homegrown or implanted by the CIA is a tossup.

Iraq: The AAU's other Mideast Bulwark against Iran (the first being Israel). Low level insurgency persists, though remarkably stable compared to the rest of the mideast.

South Africa: Opts against membership in the AAU, though is still closely associated with it.

Other:

Mideast: When oil ends, so will it. As soon as the oil money is gone the current regimes will implode, leading to another three way dance of death between the AAU and it's proxies, Russia, and Iran for dominance.

Switzerland: Will remain blessedly neutral.

In General, the biggest geopolitical shift will result from the end of oil and the rise of ethanol to displace it. Since Brazil already has significant infrastructure in place dedicated to ethanol production/distribution, it will likely become obscenely rich before other nations ramp up their own domestic production. However, I see the EU as being somewhat dependent on the AAU/Brazil for their own fuel, although to be fair I know little of European agriculture I don't think they'd be able to both grow enough food AND ethanol to meet domestic demand. Same goes for China, and depending on whether they emphasize food or fuel may accelerate or stave off the coming population crash. On a larger scale ethanol may well begin to tip the balance of world power, as if the agricultural nations of Africa can get their poop together they have the potential to dominate the ethanol market and gain the prosperity they have sought for so long.

The second major new factor will be competition between the AAU/EU and the Ruso/Sino bloc to colonize the moon. In 2056 it'll probably look somewhat like Antartica now: both major allainces will have their own lunar bases scattered about, though likely in such a way as to enable the formation of a lunar iron curtain in the future.

Based on the current trends of the global economy, and the concept that money = power, and the military/power ambitions of a currently rising global superpower, my prediction is this:

chinamc4.gif

maybe not 50 years...but easily within 100 years.

Scot

The US is in debt to China...The US dollar is worthless now thanks to inflation. We have a knife to our throat because of oil in the Middle East. I do not have a prediction for 2056 nor do I worry about it. People are better off not listening to the news.

If the US dollar is worthless i'll move. I'm not very patriotic.

nepenthes_ak + patriatism = dead nepenthes_ak... we jsut dont mix..

I get threatend when I dont stand for the plege... its my choice... not theirs...

But I would like to change that China, to India, India is getting alot of changes going... if it keeps it up at this rate... Who knows...

They might pwn the US

HAHA! I didn't stand up and my homeroom teacher got up in my face saying it's the law blah blah blah and I said no it's not. She said I had to stand and I said no the government says I dont. I told her I didn't feel like it, end of discussion. You should have seen her face!! She's a horible person, if you'r not a christian then your nothing. She doesn't even think gays should have kids.

I know her son(Ironically he's a bi atheist and used to go out with a guy i had a huge crush on!), he used to go to NA with me, and even he thinks she's a horrible person. My friend (sort of) heather drugged her coffee and then got expelled. Heather did deserve what she got but I thought that was SO funny!

or...it will turn out like *WARNING*...kinda graphic in language so uh just a heads up.
Alex

EDIT: I had to remove the link. It's against the rules. If you want to see it send Alex a PM and ask for the link.

Lol, National steriotypes are funny....

In 2000 I could never have predicted what the US would be in 2004 and, in 2004, I could never have predicted what the US would be in 2006. So I won't try to reading the tea leaves about 2056. I just hope the sinking US doesn't lash out and take the rest of the world with us. Unfortunately, we're not inclined to be as graceful as the declining British empire.

The US will be known as McAmerica™ and King Bill Gates III will have a sprawling empire on the moon.

Unfortunately many of us will have died in the American Inquisition of 2018.

Still no flying cars.

I miss my childhood. Oh how I yearn for the 90's agian!!!

Assuming we aren't baked crispy in 2056, I predict i'll be ... oh Jesus i'll be 67! I Predict America will be like Florida all over. I predict the middle east will finally evolve from the wreck it is now with backwards radicals and all that. I think that we (America) will have people on Mars. I think it's possible we will be able to clone complete organs. Maybe we can get chips installed that will let us communicate with machines with our minds (Auctually I saw that on the discovery channel lol)! I'd totally get one.

I think medical procedure (Edit: why is the word I originally wrote censored?) will stay legal, I think gay marriage will be legal, I think pot will be legal, and I think I'll be complaining about the music my grandkids listen. I think i'll make a weird grandfather. Can you imagine a grandpa listening to rap and techno? lmao.

I think hydrogen powered cars will be everywhere like gas powered cars are now.

Hmm I think milkshakes will be made from toxic sludge...

just my spin on things too..

Crap.. ill be 66 depending on the time of year!
confused.gif

In 2056, China + India + SE Asia = complete dominance of the top ranks in economic, political...of what used to be the USA. By 2156, land on Mars undergoing a value boom after hyper-space roads built for easy access. Floating buildings, teleporting cars, engineered relatives, the works.

Or US might get desperate before that and blow a nuclear hole on the other side of the planet.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
There was a animation on youtube or something, but since this is a 'family-oriented site,...

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Sep. 20 2006,7:21)]The US will be known as McAmerica™ and King Bill Gates III will have a sprawling empire on the moon.

Unfortunately many of us will have died in the American Inquisition of 2018.

Still no flying cars.
I'm still upset over the flying car bit... All the build up and nothing.

It'd be nice to go back to the wilderness in 2056

Who cares what the political climate with be in 2050. We ought to be more concerned with will the climate support human life at all. I know, I know all that global warming suff is just propaganda but are you willing to risk being wrong?

I know I sound like the typical arrogant stupid american but....

I'm really not worried about global warming. I'll be dead by the time it gets too bad. I don't think it'll be bad enough to not support human life within the next 50 years.

I know. I suck. I don't go out of my way to increase my carbon footprint, though.

No we are going to live in giant bubles.. That protect us from Radiation.

I wish more americans would get out of the old hey I dont care what happens tomorrow its what happens today is what counts. While both matter. Thats how we have these problems, the last generation (sorry to some of you people) is just dumping all their problems on us, and when we dont get it done they are just gonna complain. ITs like a cycle. The worlds a cycle, but we interupted it with our own cycle.

Stupid humans....

We already live in a giant bubble. Thats the problem.

Back