User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heard the term Glowing in the dark from radiation?

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awsome pics. I have some radioactive rocks. You have to be careful with them. They fluoresce under short wave UV. But they don't glow like THAT. lol

Thanks for posting. Interesting!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your welcome everyone. I figured there would be others interested in these pictures. I am glad I was right. It is simply amazing all the things around us that sometimes we don't know a thing about.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just reading about Radium today. Or maybe it was Rhodium. If Rhodium is not radioactive then it was Rhodium.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Radium is radioactive. IIRC

The fuel rods in the reactor are enriched uranium though. Arn't they? Thats what we are having a big coniption over with Iran. Since enriched uranium can be made into weapons grade or nuclear power grade. I think they are making weapons grade myself and believe only a few people should be allowed to make and store enriched uraium. Do it free of charge to countries like Iran and others for power purposes, but make them be accountable for all of it at all times. Anywho thats another thread all together!
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool pics
    Do those fuel rods glow like that all the time or is it because of the nuclear reaction making them hot and they are glowing from the heat?
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]...because of the nuclear reaction making them hot and they are glowing from the heat?
    oh no no no no! the metal is so radioactive that it is glowing. not because of heat! it kinda brings a meaning to the cartoon radioactiveness with the yellow glow
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did america invent nuclear technology?

I dunno... Why does Iran need nuclear energy when they have all that oil? If they do indeed want it for energy purposes then I think that's ok, but I don't trust a man who is friends with Hugo Chaves and I don't think their motives are innocent. The entire world is telling them to drop it and they won't listen. Look at India. They wanted nuclear technology so we gave it to them. India is a very peaceful country so I trust them completely. Pakistan didn't think it was fair that we gave it to India but not them. Well duh, they are PAKISTAN! They won't leave India alone for one thing and that's reason enough not to give it to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no i think it was poland that discovered it. Madame Curie?
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast