Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superthrive?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Would I be able to use this growth hormone called Super Thrive on my CP's? Would it fry my plants?
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yay! you got some super thrive! that stuff is probably the best vitamin supplement for ANY of your plants! i think all it takes is 1 drop for every gallon and *poof!* its great to use for combating transplant shock. basically Super Thrive is like Asprin to CPs...it cures everything! and i really want to stress the 1 drop to a gallon...this stuff is strong! too much can severly malform your plants or even kill them...
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My cp's, like myself, get too much aspirin.

I mix a capfull in a half gallon of water. it's full of TDS, so flush your plants periodically. I don't know if it does anything, but it's cheap and it's worth buying just in case it does do anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glider14 said one drop per gallon, JLAP said a capfull per half a gallon. That's a huge difference The second recipe sounds a bit powerful I will go get some then and see what happens. Thanks for the advice!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its just a B vitamin complex and boasted by some to be snake oils, but I feel it does help with transplant shock, but not for a regular water routine. Maybe once every 6 months or so for a boost, or when repoted. I wouldn't use it at the strength Clint recommends, but maybe 1 to 3 drops per gallon.

Niki just so you know Epsom salt is good for household plants too. I wouldn;t use it on CPs unless your experimenting. Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate, and give at one tablespoon per gallon to plants 2 times a year. A plant can look bleached out and like its lost its green color if it has a magnesium deficiency. I have heard stories of people watching the green come back into some plants after watering with Epsom salts. It is safe to use with orchids too. So those orchids I sent you can be watered with it, and it probably wouldn't hurt to give them some. You can find it in some gardening centers like Walmart, but you can also find it in the drug section where the foot care is. Many people use it to soak there feet in.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did about a Cap full.. It helped alot!

I had about <-----------------> big of a pitcher to <------------------------------------------------> big, after being shipped! I love this stuff! IT colored up real nice too, creamy white inside, nice shaped Lid, good markings... so beautiful! I need pictures of it now!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey I guess my technique does work afterall Why have a little of a good thing when you could have a lot?

I can hear him now....

"Moderation young grasshoppa!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Sep. 23 2006,10:23)]Its just a B vitamin complex and boasted by some to be snake oils, but I feel it does help with transplant shock, but not for a regular water routine. Maybe once every 6 months or so for a boost, or when repoted. I wouldn't use it at the strength Clint recommends, but maybe 1 to 3 drops per gallon.

Niki just so you know Epsom salt is good for household plants too. I wouldn;t use it on CPs unless your experimenting. Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate, and give at one tablespoon per gallon to plants 2 times a year. A plant can look bleached out and like its lost its green color if it has a magnesium deficiency. I have heard stories of people watching the green come back into some plants after watering with Epsom salts. It is safe to use with orchids too. So those orchids I sent you can be watered with it, and it probably wouldn't hurt to give them some. You can find it in some gardening centers like Walmart, but you can also find it in the drug section where the foot care is. Many people use it to soak there feet in.
    I actually have some epsom salt in my cabinet

Thanks for the help everyone
    Great Googly Moogly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast