What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New bog pics

I think that the spider is called a star spider, my grandparents had them all over the place in miami and actually i have one out by my plants. I've noticed it because I walk into it's web almost every day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Farmer Dave @ Sep. 23 2006,5:52)]I think that the spider is called a star spider, my grandparents had them all over the place in miami and actually i have one out by my plants. I've noticed it because I walk into it's web almost every day.
That makes sense, I'm in Florida

Where in Florida do you live? I'm in Tallahassee.

looks like a good first atempt, just wait for every thing to grow in! IT will be wonderful!

Thanks nepenthes_ak.
Farmer Dave, I'm just outside of Orlando.

Niki I had a spider that looks similar to that up here too. Good looking bog you have there. Now just need a Sarr or two to fo in there too. I am surprised you didn;t see the post I had about the S. minor seeds they would have looked good in there with the capensis. I have some capensis in my sarr bogs too.

I wish our growing season was long enough for me to get bananas on my banana trees. So alas since I cannot seem to get in the habit of fertilizing every two weeks to get flowers, they will be just for show for now. Elefant ears also get 2 times as large down there. I saw a few that were growing close to my grandmothers house (she live in St Cloud) and the things were over eait foot tall with over a 6 foot leafspan!!!!!

To get your pineapple to bloom take a slice of apple and put in in the center and let it rot. The gas given off with induce flowering. After it produces a pineapple the mother plant will due and put off some pups. Pineapples BTW are Bromliads. That happens to eb a terrestrial. My pot of them now has 2 plant in it from where the mother died after fruiting. The tops of the fruit can also be cut off and planted to make another plant!

No that is not a hibiscus. As far as I can tell. I don't know what it is though. I could be wrong though. Hopefully someone else can chime in too on that.

I hope to have some grapefruit and lemons and navel oranges ina few years. I have some plants that I am keeping in very large pots. Bonsia fruit trees.
smile_n_32.gif
They will of course have smaller yeilds than full sized trees, but should bear full sized fruits.

Back