What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

any body know when homedepot/lowes have cp's in

• Thread starter kseer13
  • Start date
just wondering if any body knew what months they usualy cary them i was wondering if they would have any now??

Mine has them now.

good to hear. i ask beacuse if i go down i have to go w/ my mom beacuse i only have a permit and she'll be in there for HOURS

All mine has is typical Dionaea

mine has sarrs, D. adelae, and cobra lilies.
Alex

It varies from store to store and time of year. Check this topic out:

Home Depot / Lowes

Seen Carnivores at HD, Franks Nursery & Crafts(when it was around) Target in NY and independant nurseries, flower shops and Whole Foods in SF when I lived there.

Temperates in NY are usually sold in the fall, before they go into dormancy & sometimes billed as Halloween plants, a great thing to do is offer them little money for all their "dead" plants around mid-Nov to Dec.

Nepenthes in NY I've only seen at Frank's when they were around, I don't think I've ever set foot into a Lowe's..

SF the big times are spring & fall, but there's alotta places that got em year-round.

Plants I've seen in NY: N. ventrata & rafflesiana, low-growing flytraps & Dentae and finally for Sarra's I've seen Dixie Lace and Purple Venosa. Seen Big N. xMiranda's in the Flower District in NYC.

Plants I've seen in SF: Jeez, too many to list, some Orchid stores have big, varied collections of healthy plants for cheap. Little independant nurseries, Bonsai shops in Little Japan and even grocery stores have some varied collections as well.

Course just outta SF is California Carnivores greenhouse which is like Mecca for CP enthusiasts.. ya gotta go there at least once in your life.
You do get bigger plants for cheaper from shopping at non-CP stores, CP nurseries are usually best for hard-to-find plants really...

Hope this is informative and not too much of a chore to read
smile_l_32.gif

My sources say, Every third week, of the 5 month after 2 Blood red full moons....

Hey Quoge, are you from Long Island? I grew up in Huntington and Quogue sounds like many of those other towns, there - Copaigue, Haupaugue,....

Yep Jimscott, I'm from Long Island... Quogue's a town out east on the south shore, & my nickname. I'm not from Quogue or have anything to do with it really..
Hungtington's a cool place, haven't been there in years though... Still on LI?

I forgot Patchogue.... I moved to Buffalo, a year after graduating from college (SUNY at Plattsburgh). They have no idea how to make pizza here and I can't find a decent egg roll! I'm still a Met, Ranger, Islander, Knick fan.
smile.gif

my old neighbors moved to kentcky from buffalo!
Alex

I forgot Patchogue. I moved to buffalo, a year after graduating from SUNY at Plattsburgh. They haven't a clue, here, how to make or eat pizza, nor can I find a decent egg roll!. Still a Met, Ranger, Islander, Knick fan.
smile.gif

didnt you just post that jim?

Looks like he did... oh well. Yeah Patchogue... some of the best looking girls I've dated came outta that town.
Do they have bacon, egg & cheese on a bagel up there? I get the feeling that's just a LI/NYC thing like good pizza

Back