Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Didn't know they still made 28.8 modems- you learn something new every day! >_>

Who else is up for some windows 3.1?

/passive agressive
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's do with size too. Copcar's signature (sorry to single you out) takes up 1/3 of my screen width, and I'm on a 21" monitor at work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is a pretty big sig...

Nice work on the rules.
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] Pak was on him more though
    I think she's on his as much as she can!

Wait...that's not what you meant....

17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of those rules are common sense. I read them like three times and after all that hooplah of Salvia theres nothing in there about Entheogens? Pretty liberal rules, I don't think you should add anything though. I thank you for being so open minded! What brought about the change?

Does my rant about radical islamic fundamentalist break the rules? If so then remove it asap.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now wait a minute! How did this end up being about me? I didn't feel the EXACT amount of time it took to get the rules approved mattered. And considering the fact that it took YEARS before anyone noticed the rules were incomplete and outdated, I did pretty darn good to bring it up. I also updated the Trade Rules since that hadn't been done either. AND I keep up the Bad Trader List. Ummm...any other complaints??

CopCar, you are not being singled out. But it is a fact that your sigs are VERY large. Signatures are supposed to be a small part of a person's post that can be customized to reflect your personality or make a statement. ANY signature that is very wordy or has large images tends to dominate and take away from the topic at hand. Like I said, we've had the sig privilege removed in the past because people went overboard with it. We don't want that to happen again.

Sigs are fine but we don't want it to take up so much space you can't see but a few posts per page.

And yes, Ozzy had to get rid of his large sig too. You'd THINK a Moderator would have known better!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Most of those rules are common sense.
    Thank you Clint. We think so too.

We do try to be pretty liberal about topics for discussion. There are some topics that have a history of being inflammatory so we have to watch those carefully (religion, politics). As long as people know the difference between debate, discussion and a flame war, we should be fine.

It IS sometimes very difficult to draw the line on personal expression and avoiding looking like we PROMOTE certain behaviors (illegal ones) since this forum welcomes children as well adults.

Best rules for topics are 1) If you don't like it, don't participate 2) speak your mind but don't attack anyone for differing views. If you keep those things in mind, most topics are open to lively debate. Its GOOD to hear different viewpoints on some issues.

Really there is not much new in the rules other than defining the sig size.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I understand completely. In the case of the salvia thread, my horror stories were pretty vivid, and I can see how someone that isn't experienced could get excited by the intensity and take it as me promoting it. Drugs are a huge part of my life and as long as I don't don't do anything hardcore and don't let my grades drop I don't see why not. If anyone ANYTIME has any problems with me, let me know. I'm very nice.

By the way, the name JustLikeAPill isn't about drugs, it's a Pink song

That said, I'd also like to say that this forum is so very friendly! I've been to other forums were there's nothing but flaming. Rules are important. They keep the peace. Giving up some freedom of speech (really only the things we shouldn't say anyway) is worth it most of the time. This forum is by far the best I've been a part of.

Edit: I hope you guys don't think i'm nothing but a druggie! I'm really a great, honest person who doesn't fit the steriotype at all. I'm in honors classes and want to be a doctor or a biopharmacologist.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast