Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awwwwwww...that's really good to hear.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so the large image based sigs are to be made smaller. What about large text based sigs? Some people have multiline sigs, you know who you are
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah...what about those large multi-lined sigs that are so big? I wonder who THAT could be...
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Currently signature lenghts are limited to 300 characters... It was smaller than that... But alot of the URLs out there for pictures are long. That's why we give so much space there... And there are a few people who use every single character of that 300 for actual text. Maybe we should change it to 150 characters of text.... But leave the 300 characters avaialble for those whom need to link a picture? I'm sure Ozzy will be happy about this thought. hahahahahahahahahahaa

also, JLAP said: "and after all that hooplah of Salvia theres nothing in there about Entheogens?" And there is one thing in there now about that....
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The above rules are subject to admendments and revision and may or may not include all policies enforced by these forums.
    So now there is no "What do you mean we can't talk about that? There is no rule about it..." We don't want 40 pages of rules so we just cover the big ones... In the rare instances that something comes up (like the Salvia thread) we still (obviously) reserve the ability to do whatever we think "nessasary" without having to make it a stated "rule" I think after beeing a member for a while... Most people know what the mods will and will not allow to happen. It's generally pretty rare that we need to say anything to seasoned members.
    But I am glad that it seems most are happy with our rules. As PAK said, very little has changed. Mostly because these same rules have severed us VERY well over the past years.
    Andrew

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Alexis @ Sep. 28 2006,4:16)]It's do with size too. Copcar's signature (sorry to single you out) takes up 1/3 of my screen width, and I'm on a 21" monitor at work!
    Good lord how low is your resolution? I'm on a 17" monitor at 1280x1024 so to me it is a tiny sig. But I'll change it back to one of my smaller ones.
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Good lord how low is your resolution? I'm on a 17" monitor at 1280x1024 so to me it is a tiny sig. But I'll change it back to one of my smaller ones.
    The width of the signature is 550 pixels; I'm not trying to pick on you, merely explain. I don't think Alexis was complaining about the height so much as the width

550/1024 = over one half. So yeah, it could be said to be wide. I myself don't particularly care, I'm used to forums where dang near everyone has a customized picture in their sig.

Question: Mightn't it be worthwhile to invest some time in to looking in to skins for the forum? That way we could have one for the low bandwidth folks which would eliminate sig pictures, maybe limit picture size, etc, as well as a high bandwidth one?
    Don't get me wrong - I was on ISDN with like 5 networked computers for how many years? Well, enough of 'em. However, it may make more sense to make skins to take care of the problem than eliminate all colours because Jack over there wont run his monitor in anything but grayscale.

Viable idea?

--Worst case scenario, for you firefox folks (which is a lot of members by now) remember you can always use adblock if you find an image too big.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]because these same rules have severed us VERY well over the past years.
    That sounds very ghoulish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a member of a LOT of forums and every one of them lets you have a much bigger avatar and sig. Some of them have a 3meg limit on avatars and sigs.

Most other forums cater to broadband users not the 1 or 2 people still stuck on dialup. I don't know this particular forums ratio of broadband to dialup but there can't be that many people left on dialup to cater to them.

My $.02
    My life sucks

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast