What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EYE floaters....

• Thread starter 7santiago
  • Start date
I have had eye floaters since may and they are soooo annoying....
mad.gif

just wondering if anyone else has em.

You might want to get your eyes checked and make sure you do not have Latice degeneration of the retina. That can be bad and could get worse with time. I only get them if I look at something bright and it singes the retina for a bit.

eye floaters?
confused.gif

like eye gunk? or Those little bumps that hurt on youre eyelid?

No, they are little embriotic wastes that float around in your eyes. They are really annoying and about 10% of the population has em and 80% will have them in their old ages.
But everyone has a few, only few have alot......
laugh.gif

if you look at the sky they look like dots floating in your view

smile_k_ani_32.gif
I get them all the time I usualy entertain my self with them when We drive long distances... Seeing How many tree's I can make it jump or something childish like that!
laugh.gif

I've always had them back as far as I remember. I don't notice them unless i'm looking at something a solid color or I intentionally focus to find them. Doesn't bother me in the least.

When I was little I thought I was seeing bacteria
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Some of my best friends are eye floaters

I used to think it was some kind of worm in my eye at one point till I convinced my self its just like a tiny teeny hair.

I thought it was bacteria too... untill i went on the king-daka
it forced the larger eye floaters on the walls of my eyes off to the vitrious humor....

So THAT'S what they are.  I have them and didn't know what they were.  I thought nobody would believe me if I told them.  My floaters are alive though.  They don't just float, but actually move.  Must be tiny little one celled organisms living in there.  Only time I see them is when I look up into the sky and let my eye unfocus.  Then these floaters come into focus.

yeah I have them. I also have what I think is some free scar tissue floating around in my right eye due to the eye surgies when a knife poped into it. Thankfully the scar tissue doesn't show up much, when it does it is a large red thing that goes around my vision. I usually see floaters after a good sneeze.

no, they arn't alive
biggrin.gif
, your vitrious humor, your eye liquid, moves and terbulate you know....

I know what your talking about now and I have had times when I have seen them. They look like they are moving because your moving your eye. And when you try to get them into your focal point they look like they move, and when you try to follow them they move. They are in your perifial vision and move with your eye giving them the illusion they are moving.

Some of my best friends are eye floaters[/QUOTE]
laugh.gif

I have other names for some of my best friends...

I have those too.  They are annoying.

Has anyone had a scintillating scotoma?  I get those sometimes.  They are strange.  In some people, they can precede a migraine.  I get scotomas on rare occasions but its not really connected to migraines.  They can block a portion of your vision.  First time I got one I driving and it started in my right eye and wiggled on around until I couldn't see the stop light that was in front of me.  I had to tilt my head to see the signal.  Mine are always sparkling zigzag patterns that start near the center of my eye and gradually enlarge and squiggle over to the outer rim of my eye (where at least they don't block my vision) and then they fade away.  Takes about 10 minutes to abate.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Scintillating scotoma usually begins as a shimmering arc of white or colored lights in the homonymous portion of the left or right visual field. The arc of light gradually enlarges, becomes more obvious, and may take the form of a definite zig-zag pattern. Additionally, the scintillating scotoma may demonstrate the following features:
a. It may be a single band of light.
b. It may take on a more complex pattern.
c. It may demonstrate a shimmering quality or flickering quality similar to that of a fluorescent light fixture that is close to failure.
d. The scintillating scotoma may gradually move over the course of a few minutes across the visual field to a point of fixation in the visual field.
On occasion, the positive scotoma is preceded or followed by a spreading zone of visual loss (known as a negative scotoma). As a means of differentiating a positive scotoma from a negative scotoma, the positive (bright) scotoma may be seen by the patient with the eyes closed or while in the dark. The negative scotoma disappears with the eyes closed or when the patient is in the dark. Even if there is no identifiable area of visual loss, the disturbance of vision created by the scintillating scotoma may make reading and driving difficult. Scintillating scotoma may also be accompanied by mild feelings of dizziness or vertigo.

Anyone else get those??

smile_k_ani_32.gif
/

YES but its usualy hundreds of little "dots" that will swirl around randomly and then It goes away...

I get those PAK. Usually in both eyes at the same time. It begins as a small bright spot that's hardly noticable at first, but continues to get larger and forms a rainbow colored zigzag shape. It usually messes up my vision to were I have difficulty seeing, sometimes to the point I can barely see anything and lasts about 10 to 20 minutes.

That auctually sounds fun
smile.gif

Sometimes I see red blotches and shadows of things that aren't really there, or animals walk across the room that aren't really there. Yes I'm sober. Maybe I'm an Indigo child? Dunno, my grandfather was born with a "veil" and my mom and I have a phychic connection or so she says. We finish each others sentences and one of us will say something outloud that the other is thinking. If I haven't heard a song or seen a tv show in a really long time and I think about it that day it usually comes on later that day/night.

Now I've made you all think i'm crazy!

Well, Clint I think we pretty much already knew that.
smile_n_32.gif

I have been able to do that sometimes with some people too, but it hasn't happened in a while. I can't remember the last time it accualy happened.

Ever have a dream and then wake up with the dream accualy happening? I had a dream once I was intoxicated, not on alcohol, and when I woke up I stood up out of bed and then fell straight to the floor. It lastewd for about 5 min. The thing is I had not done anything in about a week or so prior to that dream. It was so strange. It hasn't happened since. The mind is a powerful thing!

Psychosomatic responses suck don't they? Get you all excited for nothing
biggrin.gif

It's interesting how now that I'm weaning myself off of prozac those weird little hallucinations (I call them anomalies) are becoming more frequent. No they aren't flashbacks and yes I had them before I ever starting doing anything "unsavory".

I just looked it up and I show almost all the signs of an indigo child.

* They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)
* They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
* Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
* They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
* They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
* They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
* They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
* They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
* They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
* They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

I'm friggin' psychic! That would explain the Astral Projection too.

Back