Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How does one get unadicted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    every once in awhile i get the urge to get myself off it so when i dont feel like having a coke on a particular day i dont get the shakes and a headache. course the only way to stop this is to basically wean myself off of it all together. generally get the urge to do it about the second week of hunting season when i forget to haul any coke out to the cabin and have to do without it till i head back home. so about half way through hunting season i say enough is enough and i quit caffine.

for me its a control issue. every so often it really starts to torque me off that i have to drink a few cans of pop to avoid a headache even if i dont feel like drinking it.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 03 2006,3:03)]What's the point in coming off it? If it's not negatively affecting your life then I wouldn't worry about it. Coffee is very mildy carncinogenic- about as much as smoked meat, but IIRC pure caffine that's added to soft drinks is harmless.

You people that can't hold your hands still are lightweights
    It's not harmless. It's a mildly addictive stimulant. In small amounts it's fine for most people. If you have a medical problem like hypertension, it can lead to problems with high blood pressure.

Back to the addiction part. Ever wonder why you crave a soft drink? You drink one and you're still thirsty. Drink another and you're just as thirst except now you can let loose a monster belch. Soft drinks have something in common with cigarettes. The are both ways to administer drugs to yourself. And caffeine is a drug.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea but the problem is I can have 2-3 MD's in a setting, and thats usualy 2-3 times a day, so I can go through a 24 pack preaty fast.

But I usualy limit my self to at least a 24 pack a week, but my moms been buying a 24 pack of Reular MD and 12 of Live wire...

and that doesnt help... I ran out and I have to buy caffine at school... it doesnt help... But I had a cup of coffee today, and bought some caffene gum

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it is a drug, and it can cause stuff, but I'm not worried about it and the rest of the population shouldn't either.

I've NEVER gotten headaches/shakes. I must have a high tolerance. I hate the taste so I chug a big cup in 4 or 5 swallows. My parents tell me to slow down and enjoy it but I only drink for it's stimulant effects. I'm like a zombie without it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont have that big of an effect with caffine...however if you combine with things like gensing, taurine and other things like from and energy drink...i go insane. i cant stand still and if i hold my hand out in front of me, they start to shake and i cant control it! its kinda neat...
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes i agree, I can't hold them still even with no caffine, but they don't shake nearly as much.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BLAH! Those super energy drinks like Bawls and Redbull taste like carbonated cough syrup. blah! Sobe is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that sobe is good and I think that Redbull is good, but Bawls is just basically slightly over caffinated, overpriced Sprite.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast