What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does one get unadicted?

wow! I personally have never tried alcohol and I never plan to either, because it doesn't really interest me. But on the other hand I've had caffine for as long as I can remember and I am addicted.

If you don't feel a desire to drink, don't. You should never let someone pressure you to do anything, either.

It's amazing how freely people brag about being addicted to coffee/caffeine.  There should be no more pride about that than about being addicted to or having a high tolerance for heroin.  It isn't a good thing and, if you think you're addicted, do something about it.  When I noticed that I'd get a withdrawal headache if I didn't get my couple mugs of coffee in the morning, I cut back on caffeine.  I love the taste of black coffee, so I cut back by mixing in decaf beans.  I now have a couple mugs of 1/3 regular & 2/3 decaf.

Is it also true that caffine stunts your growth?
If so then I should be huge! because I'm already the tallest person in my family and still growing.

I think you'r taking this too seriously. Last time I checked there was a huge difference between caffeine and heroin. People are being blase and joking around.

It also depends on the person's point of veiw on the subject, and personal experiences.

Coffee contains other drugs besides caffeine, too. It also contains theobromine and theophylline.

What do they do? Are they Bad!?!?

Your welcome. Can't think of when you can possible use it.

It's better to know what's killing me rather than Not knowing at all.

It won't kill you. You'd have to consume bottles and bottles of pure capsules for it to hurt you. I don't think it's humanly possible for a person to eat that much chocolate. Did you know cacao beans contain an alkaloid that reproduces feelings of love? It's true, and makes it very appropriate for Valentines day.

yeah i learned that on GoodEats on the Food Channel.

I've seen that guy before. He's a little too energetic for me.

I LOVE his show, I need to meet him in person. He is my idol!

I gave it up just like that. I said no more. Nothing to it. Don't be a baby and give in. Drink only water. It's been over two years now. I'm good. And everyone in the house drinks nothing but soda. There is always a open bottle. But I have something called willpower. I say no and that's it.

I;m glad for you Murphy, but don't let that pride hurt ya.  You may have the strongest willpower in the world, or you may not have seen what really tests your willpower yet.  Caffine is easy to say no to in my opinion too, but there are other things that are not so easy too.

Clint I duno where your coming up with the blanket statement that animals will not eat chocolate.  My dog will devour chololate in a heartbeat.  She ripped open a new box of chocolate I bought my wife and ate the entire thing last Valentines day.  Luckily it was a small heart.  My moms dogs will tear it up too.

Bruce I agree with you.  Bragging about being addicted to coffee is not a good thing.  Its not as bad as being addicted to heroin, but its not a good thing either.  And people wonder why hypertension is on the rise.  We are a country of stimulants and other drugs now.  Don't get me wrong I like to get a buzz every now and again, but not all the time.  And Clint made a good point too.  All the hormones the corperations are pumping into the chickens to make them lay eggs and to get them big for slaughtered.  So I would love to be able to grow my own organic food, but thats kinda hard to do.

I never said they wouldn't eat it. Animals will eat almost anything, including antifreeze! I said they shouldn't eat it. Everyone knows it's bad for most animals like dogs and birds to eat chocolate. Too much chocolate can be fatal.

Let's be honest guys. Who here doesn't consume drugs of any kind? That includes scripts, coffee, OTC, and artificial chemicals in food. Unless your an organic vegan I don't see it happening. Did you know only two countries in the WORLD allow drug adverts on tv? America is one and I forgot the other. Probably Britain.

I'm less bothered about someone being addicted to caffeine (or whatever) than I am about someone boasting about it.

Back