What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does one get unadicted?

Im seriously addicted to mountain dew.

I havent had any caffine in the past 2 days... and im sweating... im stressed out, dry throaght... and headachs on and off.

Do I have to go through this to get unadicted to mountaindew?

Switch to fruit juce. 100% pure fruit juce, apple is good but if you need something harder try grapefruit or grape.

oh boy! my bro ha this addiction too as well does my dad but to coffee. if my dad doesnt drink coffee before he goes to work he has a total meltdown. i would also try somthing else to get your mind of MD. run around your neighborhood, drink water, juice, refrain from caffine(duh?), candy(some has caffine like chocolate) and enerygy drinks. it takes some time but its worth not having to worry about getting caffine.
Alex

ive tried not drinking, or switching to a different drink... ill have to try the other citrus drinks. like mentioned by Copcar.

I was drinking way to much coffee at work last year. Drinking coffee is one way to keep yourself occupied while working late (that and cigarettes). The coffee withdrawl was the worst for me... I was shakey, leaves blowing across the street looked like mice, and the headache???

Drink lots of water. I went on a fast for two days and only drank water. It seemed to really help flush out all the junk. I wouldn't consider fasting until you have researched it completely (going on and coming off) but it seemed to help me with the nicotine and caffine. But what works well for some doesn't others.
good luck and keep us up to date.

You just have to suck it up while your body re-adjusts to not having the caffine.

I didn't think MD had any in it.

only takes a couple days to detox from caffine................i know i do it every so often when i get the urge to wean myself off coke. green tea or sunny D is what i usually switch to forawhile till the local grocery store doesnt get any in for a month than im back to coke. its a vicious cycle
smile_m_32.gif

If I ever stopped I must be pretty bad. I usually drink half a pot of black coffee everyday. I use about 5 scoops.

well, Ive fasted b4, Short of 18 hours... Im sure I can make it.

You dont have to stop eating, just don't drink coffee/md for a couple of days.

I also have a very bad addiction to caffine =(

Every day I must have myself Atleast one cup (oversized coffee mug) full of coffee or else during school or whenever I'll start to get really bad caffine withdraws and I also get a little snappy. I tried to get myself to drink caffinated tea but in order to get the buzz I have to drink like four cups of it. I have so much caffine that I can't even hold my hands still, so If it works for you Nepenthes_ak then I'll try it again too.

What can I say? caffine is a drug and I'm addicted to it.

i can detox cold turkey off of 6 cans a coke a day in 2 or 3 days tops. best way to do it is over a weekend when you can do stuff and arent tied to a desk. you think caffine is bad try detoxing off of perscription narcotics...............been there done that, dont EVER want to do it again...........i do the caffine detox every 6 months or so.

What's the point in coming off it? If it's not negatively affecting your life then I wouldn't worry about it. Coffee is very mildy carncinogenic- about as much as smoked meat, but IIRC pure caffine that's added to soft drinks is harmless.

You people that can't hold your hands still are lightweights
smile.gif

no way is it harmless. caffine dehydrates you!
Alex

Most people are smart enough to drink when they'r thirsty
smile.gif
I still consider it harmless provided you are in good health.

every once in awhile i get the urge to get myself off it so when i dont feel like having a coke on a particular day i dont get the shakes and a headache. course the only way to stop this is to basically wean myself off of it all together. generally get the urge to do it about the second week of hunting season when i forget to haul any coke out to the cabin and have to do without it till i head back home. so about half way through hunting season i say enough is enough and i quit caffine.

for me its a control issue. every so often it really starts to torque me off that i have to drink a few cans of pop to avoid a headache even if i dont feel like drinking it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 03 2006,3:03)]What's the point in coming off it? If it's not negatively affecting your life then I wouldn't worry about it. Coffee is very mildy carncinogenic- about as much as smoked meat, but IIRC pure caffine that's added to soft drinks is harmless.

You people that can't hold your hands still are lightweights
smile.gif
It's not harmless. It's a mildly addictive stimulant. In small amounts it's fine for most people. If you have a medical problem like hypertension, it can lead to problems with high blood pressure.

Back to the addiction part. Ever wonder why you crave a soft drink? You drink one and you're still thirsty. Drink another and you're just as thirst except now you can let loose a monster belch. Soft drinks have something in common with cigarettes. The are both ways to administer drugs to yourself. And caffeine is a drug.

Yea but the problem is I can have 2-3 MD's in a setting, and thats usualy 2-3 times a day, so I can go through a 24 pack preaty fast.

But I usualy limit my self to at least a 24 pack a week, but my moms been buying a 24 pack of Reular MD and 12 of Live wire...

and that doesnt help... I ran out and I have to buy caffine at school... it doesnt help... But I had a cup of coffee today, and bought some caffene gum

Yes it is a drug, and it can cause stuff, but I'm not worried about it and the rest of the population shouldn't either.

I've NEVER gotten headaches/shakes. I must have a high tolerance. I hate the taste so I chug a big cup in 4 or 5 swallows. My parents tell me to slow down and enjoy it but I only drink for it's stimulant effects. I'm like a zombie without it.

Back