Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good R/O unti?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on ebay, you can buy from "aqua safe", he's in Canada. The instructions suck, but if you go by the photo, it's easy to install. I collect the waste water and water my regular plants with it. Not a single drop is wasted.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nepenthes AK. You can distill water with a pot and aluminum foil. It was done on survivor man, and when I say its more efficient I mean it uses all the water instead of just some. Do you guys realize the amount of waste water that R/O units generate? For ever gallon you waste like a gallon and a half or so. Don't quote me on the numbers, but its ridiculously crazy. I was looking them up for a friend for her house. Where she is at there is radon in the water. She wanted to filter it out and R/O unit was the only way to do that from what I read. Then I read about the waste, its unreal. Also the cheaper the unit the less efficient it is in water conservation. Meaning the more waste water it generates per gallon. When you distill all you do is boil water then collect the steam on something and let it drip into another container. It can all be done with things he probably already has in the house.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm... I guess you could hook up a pressure cooker to a copper coil and let it drip down like a still. Probably dangerous though.

Lucky for me we have well water and no water bill. Muahahaha!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Your still releasing all that mineral waste concentrate into the drainfield. I wasn;t worried about the water dill I was just concerned with the water shortage in alof of areas, and then the waste water. This just compounds the issue. I don;t think a pressure cooker and copper coil would work the steam has to escape. Just build an alluminum tent over a pot of boiling water. The steam collecting in the tent drip down the sides into a clean container. Now of course there are better ways of doing that but that is just one. Besides rainwater is better for the plants anyways. Forget distilling and collect rain.
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes... but You have to clean it every so often... I dunno Im lazy.. I dont have a good place to collect rain either.. Theirs lots of crops... and who knows what Kind of fertalizers they spray, and pestaiceds... *teaR*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said, no need to empty the waste water into the drain, simply collect it and use it on other plants. Problem solved. A gallon of water is ridiculously cheap, just look at your water bill. Most of the cost is from fees and other stuff, but the actual cost per gallon is less than a penny.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not so much talking about the cost. I am just talking about the waste water. Not many plants cna tolerate the extreme concentration of the waste water. Maybe I am just paranoid about the waste.
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "waste "water is not really wasted... it is returned to the aquifer.

However distillation requires energy which comes from a power plant which burns oil which causes pollution which causes global warming which will be the demise of humanity.

You make the call.
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast