What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attacking bugs

Yesterday my mom went out horseback riding and got attacked by all of these big black bugs that had long legs and hurt really bad whenever they bit, and drew a lot of blood whenever the did. We've looked over the internet for some pics to find out what they were and we can't find anything. If you have somewhat of an idea of wat it might be then please let me know I've tried on several occasions to catch some but they always get away.

Were they black flies?

No, we've looked those up already and also just to add, they had coned mouthparts but they didn't look like assassin bugs.

horse flies?

Butterflies?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 04 2006,5:32)]Butterflies?
haha! meat eating butterflies

No sadly they're not just good-old horse flies.........or meat-eating butterflies
smile.gif

They're much worse, and they don't only attack in groups of 4 or 5, oh no! they attack in groups of atleaste 10 to 20 they're bad!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I'm not sure anything is worse than carnivorous butterflies.

Do you know what it's like to be attacked by a carnivorous butterfly? You don't want to know..........and I don't know.

I bet it's bad expecially whenever the carnivorous Monarchs go down south for the winter, I've heard they're everywhere!
smile_n_32.gif

Back