What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rampuppy

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
What ever happened to Rampuppy?

I think he's usually in the fresh water and salt water fish/tanks section, but i dunno if he's been there lately, I don't go there much. Rampuppy where are youuuuu??
cool.gif

Rampuppy is a super busy guy. And doesn't make it around here often. He is on the same alliance as me in an online game. He is healthy etc etc. But working about 80 hrs a week. LOL He told his boss that he's gonna take a "break" next week since he's getting a tad burned out and only work 60 hours. (haha ONLY 60 hrs
smile_n_32.gif
)

80 hourse? WOW!

I'm glad he's ok. He was the first person I remember when I joined.

holly crap.. thats like about 12 hour shifts right?

yep, 12 hour shifts are great! I'm not sure what rampuppy does but I pull 12 hours myself and sometimes i get lucky enough to pull 14 hours.

I haven't seen Rampuppy in ages... There's a lot of people MIA. I wonder where they're at... maybe we should start a "where are they now" topic.

actually, they are 16 hour shifts m - f.

smile.gif

well.. let's see.

here is a 'what's going on w/ rampuppy'

This year was a scorcher in San Antonio, we went almost 180 days w/out rain over the summer, so keeping plants watered on the patio (and dealing with those long work hours) was a horrendous feat.

Of all my outdoor collection, only 1 Leucophylla tarnok and S. Flys Demise survived. I was very sad about this, especially when I saw some cute little purpurea at lowes and felt the pang to save them.

Because of my saltwater fish tank I had to cut back on my nepenthes collection, so I am only keeping my bicalarata, everything else is gone allready. I was going to send them to andy, but curious nieces and nephews stepped in... sadly, that did not turn out well either.

soo.. where does that leave me.
smile.gif

overworked w/ lots of dead plants, a half finished salt water tank (that I haven't had time to work on) and a patio that is thouroughly uninteresting except for the pond w/ lillies that i can't seem to get thriving. My green thumb has turned decidedly brown!
smile_h_32.gif

on the flipside, I am doing financially well, i love my fishies, and those 5 minutes of work a day on the tank are paying off, tomorrow I think I will finally have the canopy ready to install the 2K worth of lights I bought for it. (yes... salt water is expensive!)

so... hopefully I can remember to post pics of that.

I hope you are all doing well.

hmm.. need to update my avatar.

Welcome back!!!!

If you want some VHO's/ballast for a refugium, lemme know. I've been trying to get rid of it for awhile.

If you need any starter plants, let me know.

ahhh... hows that for an avatar.

thanks for the offer on the fuge lights. I actually allready have some lined up. last year I did a special project at work that had me working sunday monday tuesday, for 18 hours, then i was off the rest of the week. so i was helping a friend at a local petstore. while there, I purchased some lights at cost.

Oh you'r so lucky!

Oh how I miss the reefkeeping hobby. a 75 gallon reef was just too expensive for a 15 year old to maintain without a job
smile.gif
It looked great though.

I love that avatar!

Ive seen that and I used to have it on my blog's and stuf!

cool.gif

WB RamPuppy. What are you doing where your working 18 hour days. Sorry I am nosie. LOL I work 12's myself and love them, but I only work 3 days a week. I wouldn't imagine working 18's or 16's for more than 3 days a week. I bet the money is good, but I would be burned out in a heartbeat! I like my free time. My house would turn to crap if I worked thst much!! I have to many projects going on. LOL

Love the AV RamPuppy. I think it suites your lifestyle perfectly
smile.gif

Howdy Steve. Good to see you back. You shouldn't stay gone so long.
smile.gif

Back