User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why children shouldn't play with drills.....

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Oct. 07 2006,12:04)]Yes I cut off all the skin I knew would die right then when my fingure was numb. LOL Its going to die and get necrotic anyway. So I cut off all I could.
    JB, that's two strikes!! One more and I shall chastise you severly! I bet you didn't give the dead skin to your VFT like Barry Rice did. *sigh* What kind of CPer are you? *shakes head*

The joking aside, I took a finger nail off last year, trying to open a valve on one of the drying beds at work. I said some words I didn't know I knew. It bled like crazy and throbbed for a week before it settled down to a dull ache which lasted a few more days. Come to think of it, I didn't occur to me to share with my CPs either .
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now see what I am talking about? You go into Medic mode when you get hurt. I didnt; say any wordy dirds. When it happened I just backed the dril out of the hole got up and went into the kitchen and started running cold water on it. When the wife came in to see how bad it was I started giving instructions for the items I required very calmly. Since I get excited easy I try to keep it calm to begin with. I only snipped off a very minute ammount. I used to start cussing like a sailer when I got hurt, but here lately I just get really quiet.

I can imagine the nail getting ripped off would hurt. I have had both sides of both great toes operated on to remove and perminanyly kill the nails in the corners so I wouldn;t continue to get ingrown toenails and they sliced the skin at a 45 from the base back to expose the nail bed. Dang that hurt like crazy. I had to sleep with my feet up to stop the throbbing and couldn;t walk much for days. And there is still a thin layer of nail on two of the sides I have to deal with every so often, but NOTHING like it was when I was a kid.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honey Helps keep it less infected! and helps it heal faster!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so far not infected and it is healing nicely with antibiotic oinment thanl you. The bee spit can stay and be used for a good treat or something. LOL
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work in a CNC machine shop. A few years ago I was setting up a CNC lathe and I had a brand new 1 inch drill that I was putting into the holder. The drill was held in the holder with 2 6 mm allen head bolts. I was trying to break the bolts loose and the allen wrench broke anyways, the side of my hand came down right on the flute of the drill and cut it down to the bone blood everywhere! It took 10 outside stitches and 6 inner stitches to close it up. It is still numb there where the cut was.
    Since I work with sharp metal things all the time, I make sure I am VERY careful because it is way too easy to get careless and get injured. Be very careful when working with drills, etc...don't get in a hurry or take shortcuts or get lazy or you will get hurt.
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AMEN to that. My finger was an example. I didn;t take all the nessisary precautions, and was doing it in front of the TV too. LOL
    JB

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (CNCreefer @ Oct. 07 2006,11:13)]Be very careful when working with drills, etc...don't get in a hurry or take shortcuts or get lazy or you will get hurt.
    Here's another good bad example. During the winter about two years ago, a guy here in town brought his motorcycle into his house to work on . It was cold and he had run out of daylight and decided the kitchen would be a good place to work on the carberator and fuel lines. Well he was about 5' from his wall furnace which, being an old make, still used a pilot light to ignite the burners. He was pretty badly burned and his house and motorcycle were destroyed. The good news is the carburator and fuel lines were no longer a problem.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh lord. What an idiot. LOL I don;t think I would go that far or be that unthoughtful. Ouch
    JB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12