Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ginseng Harvesting

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is fine. Just as long as I am not forced to learn theirs unless I want to just to comunicate with non english speakers. It is different to know 2 languages, but you shouldn't EXPECT me to learn another language to comunicate with them in my homeland. Knowing two languages is great, but I have no interest in it. I would if and when I go to another country just because I think its appopriate and respectfull of them.

In Germany they are very nice. If you attept to speak german to them they will get it and speak to you in english to make it easier for you if your strugling, but if you don't make any effort they will not bend over to speak english to you. Its common respect to learn the native language if your going to go there.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly! And Even if you are going someplace on a whim, taking a translator is allways helpfull, cause not only will yo look like a tourist but you can show them respect showing you want to learn their language.

Yea, If I do get the Ginsing, Ill have to look up laws, and stuff its a preaty Watched plant, I think the only way I would be able to do it is by seed. Dont really know, ill find out and let you know though.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am forced to learn spanish. At first I was intimidated but it's so easy man. I'm not fluent at complicated sentences and I don't understand some of the grammar but other than that so easy.

I don't care if they learn english or not. All they need to know is simple english like car and food and stuff like that (coche y comida!)

I say let 'em all in. I don't care. If I was a mexican living in mexico, unless I was already rich, I'l probably cross the border, too. One of my goals in life is to smuggle at least one illegal immegrant into the country.

My mother says we should just buy mexico

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most definetaly... Mexico at least... canadas cool and all, but until they get into major financial trouble or something... Wait who am I kidding Canada probably should buy the States, but no one would want to take on all our financial problems! I doubt we would ever be able to afford buying mexico any ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't want to learn Spanish, don't. I'd be happy if more Americans would learn English, math, science, geography, . . .

I'm trying to learn Spanish after having failed at German, French & Slovak. I'm terrible at learning languages, but I'd love to know another one. I'm having an easier time with Spanish, so far, probably because I hear it so much in this area and my daughter has had a few years of it in school already.

As for ginseng, the actual topic here, I've seen it grown in Wisconsin, where all kinds of off-the-wall crops seem to be grown. The cultivated form isn't as valuable as the wild, because it grows faster and is less concentrated in whatever ginseng supposedly has. I'm not positive what soil it was grown in, but am pretty sure it was the same sand that central Wisconsin has in abundance. And it's under shade cloth that's even heavier than what's used for the shade tobacco grown here & Massachusetts.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I really want to learn as much languages as possible because to me it just sounds like fun, for instance right now in my new school I'm taking Spanish I and Latin I and so far I'm doing great at both of them.

And yes I know that Latin is a dead Language, but If I want to be a doctor then I will help quite a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think ive seen it in NY, in very heavly forested areas... so I was readly expecting to have to put it under lots of shade!

I plan on learning Latin when I go to collage, would help sence I want to be some kind of Biology minor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's cool!

I've also wanted to be a biology teacher, because in spring I would do a carnivorous plant section in my ciriculum.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast