Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FOOTBALL!!  Finally...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't sad about the team leaving. The owner had just bought the team and was only going to keep the team here if the state/city would pony up for a coliseum full of luxury boxes to make him even more money. He found a place willing to do that and it happened to be in NC.

It's been 20 years since I've gone to a hockey game above high school or college level even longer since I went to a major league baseball game. I have no problem watching millionaires play games on TV, but I just can't pay big money to a billionaire to watch those millionaires in person. And that's what NASCAR has become.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]but I just can't pay big money to a billionaire to watch those millionaires in person. And that's what NASCAR has become.
    Well nascar is a pro sport, and I guess all pro sports are like that, including hockey, baseball, basketball and football.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like hockey. I used to watch it a lot in college in the days of Phil Esposito, Bobby Orr and Gil Gilbert.

And Ozzy failed to mention that in this weekend's Fantasy Race, I scored 229 points to his 209. It is not the first time I have beaten his butt in the points. Ha!

And the only reason I'm behind is because I keep forgetting to pick my drivers. The fantasy racing site is blocked at the office and I'm not always on the computer at home to make my picks. No telling how far ahead I'd be now if I could pick my drivers every week.

And Ward is now doing a commercial for Virginia wildlife with a hawk on his arm.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]And Ozzy failed to mention that in this weekend's Fantasy Race, I scored 229 points to his 209.
    I wrote that before the race. The only reason you won is because I am no longer allowed to pick Earnhart jr. anymore. If it wasn't for that I would have beaten you again. Of course you didn't mention that I am still 500 points ahead of you.

I have also forgotten to change my drivers about as many times as you and it was back near the begining when you had way more of a choice of drivers, unlike now when there are few drivers to choose from. So I think if I hadn't forgot to choos my drivers at that more crucial time I would be even farther ahead of you.

But none of that matters, no matter how you look at it I'm still kicking your butt.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Suzanne, there were just too many upsets yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol I don't know who won what. And lord knows if the slacker person doing this contest will even let us (staff) know who won. They announce it at the agent sales meeting but staff does not go to that. No worries...there is always another contest! Will see if Slacker gets the contest copies up here today.

Quote[/b] ]I wrote that before the race. The only reason you won is because I am no longer allowed to pick Earnhart jr. anymore. If it wasn't for that I would have beaten you again. Of course you didn't mention that I am still 500 points ahead of you.

I have also forgotten to change my drivers about as many times as you and it was back near the begining when you had way more of a choice of drivers, unlike now when there are few drivers to choose from. So I think if I hadn't forgot to choos my drivers at that more crucial time I would be even farther ahead of you.
    Mewmewmewmewmew....do you want a little cheese with your whine? Whiney men are SO annoying.

I think they need to change the Fantasy racing rules...you should be allowed to pick the person you think will do the best in the race instead of being forced to pick non-winning drivers just because you "used up" your choices. That defeats the purpose of building a team you think will WIN. Obviously its a game thought up by...MEN.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Oct. 16 2006,11:29)]I think they need to change the Fantasy racing rules...you should be allowed to pick the person you think will do the best in the race instead of being forced to pick non-winning drivers just because you "used up" your choices. That defeats the purpose of building a team you think will WIN. Obviously its a game thought up by...MEN.
    Well duh...Rules probable specify that women will complicate the heck out of it. So in turn women say it is dumb and get all ticked off, thus they quit. Then we feel safe and do not have to worry about losing to a woman. Plus, the life of getting beat up verbaly by your buddies saying "you lost to the only girl" would send the guy into deep depression. LOL!
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are right! lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast