What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOOTBALL!!  Finally...

No pressure...but do not choke!!!
laugh.gif

I go away a few days and a nascar topic breaks out.

First and foremost, Snowbirds aren't allowed to like Nascars. We had to settle with the yankees and let them in, but until Canada gets a track snowbirds are still banned.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I wouldn't exactly call myself a NASCAR fan,

That may be true, a true fan makes time for the races and would never resort to taping them. It is acceptiabl;e for a true fan to sometimes be away from the TV during a race but that's why the race is also broadcasted on radio. If a true fan can't watch the race, he/she will not be far from a radio.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]but since I am trying to beat Ozzy in Fantasy Racing

I like the way you forgot to add that I'm kicking your butt. You can try all you want but there is no way you can make up the 500 points that you are behind. LOL Maybe next year when you come out of the closet (not that closet) and finally admitt that you are a fan you'll have a chance. I doubt it but you can look forward to the thought.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have to pull for Jeff Burton. He's from my hometown..

About time you finally stopped pulling for Ward.

If North Carolina can take a hockey team from Connecticut and then @#$%^&* win the Stanley Cup, then anyone who wants should be free to like NASCAR.  Why they would I don't know.

The town where I grew up in Mississippi had a track, but now people would would rather follow focus group tested merchandising schemes & drivers than go to a race where people race because they love it and the largest corporate sponsor is the nearest car dealer.  That local track is dead now and NASCAR gets rich.  There are still thousands of places where people play football for the fun of it, so even the NFL hasn't been able to ruin football the way NASCAR has ruined racing.

You can have the hockey team back, only people here that likes hockey are the yankees that moved here from the north. We don't really want the hockey team.

I agree with you somewhat about nascar. Nascar is no where near as exciting as it used to be. Nascars biggest enemy is nascar.

I wasn't sad about the team leaving.  The owner had just bought the team and was only going to keep the team here if the state/city would pony up for a coliseum full of luxury boxes to make him even more money.  He found a place willing to do that and it happened to be in NC.

It's been 20 years since I've gone to a hockey game above high school or college level even longer since I went to a major league baseball game.  I have no problem watching millionaires play games on TV, but I just can't pay big money to a billionaire to watch those millionaires in person. And that's what NASCAR has become.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]but I just can't pay big money to a billionaire to watch those millionaires in person. And that's what NASCAR has become.

Well nascar is a pro sport, and I guess all pro sports are like that, including hockey, baseball, basketball and football.

I like hockey.
smile.gif
I used to watch it a lot in college in the days of Phil Esposito, Bobby Orr and Gil Gilbert.

And Ozzy failed to mention that in this weekend's Fantasy Race, I scored 229 points to his 209.
laugh.gif
It is not the first time I have beaten his butt in the points. Ha!

And the only reason I'm behind is because I keep forgetting to pick my drivers. The fantasy racing site is blocked at the office and I'm not always on the computer at home to make my picks. No telling how far ahead I'd be now if I could pick my drivers every week.
smile_n_32.gif

And Ward is now doing a commercial for Virginia wildlife with a hawk on his arm.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And Ozzy failed to mention that in this weekend's Fantasy Race, I scored 229 points to his 209.

I wrote that before the race. The only reason you won is because I am no longer allowed to pick Earnhart jr. anymore. If it wasn't for that I would have beaten you again. Of course you didn't mention that I am still 500 points ahead of you.

I have also forgotten to change my drivers about as many times as you and it was back near the begining when you had way more of a choice of drivers, unlike now when there are few drivers to choose from. So I think if I hadn't forgot to choos my drivers at that more crucial time I would be even farther ahead of you.

But none of that matters, no matter how you look at it I'm still kicking your butt.

Sorry Suzanne, there were just too many upsets yesterday.
smile_h_32.gif

lol I don't know who won what. And lord knows if the slacker person doing this contest will even let us (staff) know who won. They announce it at the agent sales meeting but staff does not go to that. No worries...there is always another contest! Will see if Slacker gets the contest copies up here today.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I wrote that before the race. The only reason you won is because I am no longer allowed to pick Earnhart jr. anymore. If it wasn't for that I would have beaten you again. Of course you didn't mention that I am still 500 points ahead of you.

I have also forgotten to change my drivers about as many times as you and it was back near the begining when you had way more of a choice of drivers, unlike now when there are few drivers to choose from. So I think if I hadn't forgot to choos my drivers at that more crucial time I would be even farther ahead of you.

Mewmewmewmewmew....do you want a little cheese with your whine? Whiney men are SO annoying.
smile_l_32.gif

I think they need to change the Fantasy racing rules...you should be allowed to pick the person you think will do the best in the race instead of being forced to pick non-winning drivers just because you "used up" your choices. That defeats the purpose of building a team you think will WIN. Obviously its a game thought up by...MEN.
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Oct. 16 2006,11:29)]I think they need to change the Fantasy racing rules...you should be allowed to pick the person you think will do the best in the race instead of being forced to pick non-winning drivers just because you "used up" your choices.  That defeats the purpose of building a team you think will WIN.  Obviously its a game thought up by...MEN.  
smile_n_32.gif
Well duh...Rules probable specify that women will complicate the heck out of it. So in turn women say it is dumb and get all ticked off, thus they quit. Then we feel safe and do not have to worry about losing to a woman. Plus, the life of getting beat up verbaly by your buddies saying "you lost to the only girl" would send the guy into deep depression. LOL!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think you are right! lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Mewmewmewmewmew....do you want a little cheese with your whine? Whiney men are SO annoying.
smile_l_32.gif

I'm sorrybut who keeps whining about forgeting to pick drivers? And about how the rules are so unfair.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Then we feel safe and do not have to worry about losing to a woman.

As true as that may be, I don't have to worry about losing to a woman as long as it's pak I'm playing against.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Oct. 16 2006,7:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Then we feel safe and do not have to worry about losing to a woman.

As true as that may be, I don't have to worry about losing to a woman as long as it's pak I'm playing against.
As long as you do not let PAK manipulate the rules you will do fine.
biggrin.gif

smile_k_ani_32.gif
Travis!!! Who's side are you on! lol

smile_n_32.gif

Travis is on the testosterone side , of course.

Hey, I speak the truth...Stings like bee.
smile_m_32.gif

Anyhoo.... how did the football pool go for ya (Suzanne) and do you have the matchups for next week?

Back