What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's up with that?!

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
There's a spider living IN my VFT trap... and it's still alive!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Let's take bets on when the spider will become dinner. I say another week.

Maybe my VFT is a vegetarian
smilie4.gif

I guess no one cares,lol. It is a stupid thread isn't it
confused.gif

Actually I find this facinating. Is it living in a trap, or around the base near the soil? Has it spun a web around the shoots? You should take a picture and post it.

Maybe he loves the thrill or the leftover cadavors of bugs.

xvart.

No it lives IN one of the open traps! I will try to take a pic but it's a small spider. It spun a web around the plant but also through open traps and that's what it's sitting on now. Let me try to take a pic! Be right back!

LOL =)

I'm guessing the spider's legs are too small to stimulate the trigger hairs. If it does manage to walk directly above a couple of hairs (pressing its body against the hair), then it'll become lunch!

Keep us posted.

Will do joossa
smile_m_32.gif

It's probably trying to committ suicide. Can't take living with a snowbird anymore.

You're not very original are you? Try coming up with something new for a change
confused.gif

Nope, Why change a good thing.

That's just how he shows his love
smile.gif

i used to have spiders living in my sarrs! the clever little things would drop in to the pitcher when i came by then pulled itself back up...the little cheat.
Alex

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Oct. 11 2006,10:03)]i used to have spiders living in my sarrs! the clever little things would drop in to the pitcher when i came by then pulled itself back up...the little cheat.
Alex
Hehe that's good
smile_n_32.gif

Scenario #1 - Spider attracts fly.  Fly flops around trying to get out of web therebye triggering VFT.  VFT gets a two for one snack.

Scenario #2 - You trigger the FVT with a toothpick.  VFT gets a spider snack.

Scenario #3 - Leave it alone and eventually the spider will grow large enough to trigger the VFT.  VFT wins again.

I'm gonna go with scenario #3 cause I want to see how long the spider lasts
biggrin.gif

If you put your ear to the trap you'll hear a little spider voice saying, "Please hurry and close on me I can't stand seeing all these snowbirds invading my home. Please god take me now."

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Oct. 14 2006,2:34)]
laugh.gif
I'm not sure how you can find that humorous. Those snowbird jokes are getting a little old don't you think? I guess there's a "jokester" at every forum.... just wish the jokes would be at least a little funny!  
confused.gif

yea...snowbird is getting old. somthing new!!

*Chanting* "SOMETHING NEW! SOMETHING NEW! SOMETHING NEW!
laugh.gif

Back