Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much do you pay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you pay for your internet service?

I was with Earthlink (up until today) and I was paying $44.95/month. That's a little too much to be paying for the internet, for me at least. I switched to RoadRunner Lite today. It's not as fast as what I had with Earthlink, but for 6 months it's only $19.95, after that for another 6 months it's $24.95, then after that until you decide to get rid of them it's $29.95, still a heck of a lot less than Earthlink.

I'm glad I switched and it's really not that much slower.

Do you guys think $44.95 is too expensive for cable internet, or am I just nuts?
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's way to high! we pay 16.99 for dsl.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is in like a package, security, cable, phone,electricity and internet all from one company. ETC

without the package it's like 50 for DSL.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on the level of DSL your getting. Here DSL lite is around 25 bucks. But thats just barely faster than Dialup and I am not having that. My phone and DSL combined is around 90 bucks a month, but I am at extreme 3 MB per second. They have a 6 MB per second now woo hoo, but I am happy at the momment.
    256 kbps --24.95
    1.5 mbps--32.95
    3mbps--37.95
    6mbps--46.95

Those are the rates for bellsouth in my area.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pay $26.27/mo for DSL pro.. its twice as fast as standard DSL (min 3mb/s max 10mb/s [DL]). My DSL is ultra-reliable. If cable internet is anything like I remember cable tv being like, I will happily sacrifice the faster cable speeds for DSL.
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I cannot stand DSL. I've never witnessed one that is decently fast. I have broadband through my cable company. I have cable (digital with high definition) and my broadband for like 90 bucks a month. My speeds are 6Mbps down and 384Kbps up. These are the speeds they rate it at... And I'm usually right at that. Durring peak usage i can see drops down into the low 5mps range.. once or twice i saw it in the 4s.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got no idea what I have, except it's fast and free. I love unsecured wireless networks.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL I have the wireless portion of my wireless hub turned off for just that reason. Theives like you Mokele! LMAO Just messing with ya. I would if I could, but I don;t like people mooching off my speed though so untill I can have time to secure the wirelss portion its turned off since I don;t have anything wireless yet. I just got it because it is also a wired router too.

Andrew where I am at my DSL is more reliable than cable was. I had cable first, and was always having problems with it. So I ditched it when I ditched cable, and went with DSL since I still have a phoneline and can;t get it free yet.

VFT guy that is some Killer DSL. We just got 6 meg service in my area, and that is the max is 6 just like my max is 3 since I have 3 meg service. I don;t normaly pull those speeds, but its faster than dialup! God forbid I have to use dialup for any extended period of time. I would go NUTS. 10 MBS is SMOKIN and for only 26 a month thats a great deal! I have to say nothing like that here yet. Prices vary from area to area.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast