Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stitches still in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

I adopted my dog from the humane society 3 months ago. She had to be spayed before she could come home with us. They did it the next morning. Now three months later I can still see the stitches under her skin. I can feel it and everything. There's about 9 of them. Now if they used stitches that are supposed to disolve, wouldn't it have disolved by now?? She got stitches inside and she got glue to close up the opening. I want to call the humane society and ask the vet they have there what to do, but before I do, I wanted to know from you guys if this is strange or not. The stitches are blue and it feels like fishing line. I hope this is not serious, because I don't want her to have to be cut open again Thanks.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usualy they can be disovlved, I think its around a month and you can take it out (if not just two weeks it takes about 7 days for a small wound to heal Probably about 2-3 for a large one)

You dont need to go to the doctors to have them taken out its easy enough to do it youre self. Stitches inside will be fine, out side stitches can come out usualy I would double check on the time when they should come out though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't take it out cause they're inside my dog, and I would think that ones that disolve would have disolved in three months.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if they are inside dont worry...

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easiest and safest thing to do is just call your vet or the Humane Society and ask.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can still feel "stuff" inside where my dog was done also. It's just where the stuff heals up not perfectly. I doublt you're actually feeling stitches... Even where my wife had her c-section you can feel the bumps inside. But if it concerns you- there is only 1 way to know for sure
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Oct. 12 2006,7:00)]You can still feel "stuff" inside where my dog was done also. It's just where the stuff heals up not perfectly. I doublt you're actually feeling stitches... Even where my wife had her c-section you can feel the bumps inside. But if it concerns you- there is only 1 way to know for sure
    Andrew
    Trust me they're stitches.

I'm just going to call, I find it hard to believe that they should still be in there after three months
    Great Googly Moogly!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they used a stitch called PDS it can last up wards of 6 months to a year. I wouldn't worry unless the area is swelling and tender to the dog. If the skin is healed over and these are indeed internal stitches then they are facial stitches that need to stay a little longer anyhow. You don;t want you dog to get a hernia do you? As long as the area is not red, tender, or swollen then it is fine.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast