Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AWESOME NECPS SHOW!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we had around 170 people come through the show this weekend at URI - not bad considering we didn't even have a firm location for the show until a few weeks ago (orginal place had to have reconstruction)! I think we might have been bigger than the ICPS convension....

I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pics ( ), but there were several other terraforums members there, so I am posting this with a plea for pics!

Also in attendence from the forums were Stiflermichael, Wildbill, Khanli, Dave S., Kirkwmartin...hmmm....Peter (what's your screen name?), a few others who's screen names I've forgotten (arg!).

Anyway, on to the good stuff.

You should'a seen some of these plants!

There were two huge roridulas (two different varieties) and a very impressive drosphyllum courtesy of Matt Opal - he also brought not-so-large truncata with rediculously large pitchers.

Also of note were some other very impressive specimens....a D. regia 'Big Easy' with dew drops the size of small peas, an S. 'Hurricane Creek White', a whole tank full of cephs, a heliamphora in bloom, and too many impressive neps to name them all. Awesome!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to mention the LOOT!!!!!!!

There were some great offerings at the member's-only silent auction (hooray, I scored the N. aristolochiodes!). At the NECPS table we had copies of Barry's book for sale and heh, heh, heh... I confess I snagged the last one. We also had tons of plants for sale, autographed copies of The Savage Garden, and a complete line of NECPS hats, t-shirts, long sleeved t-shirts, hooded sweatshirts, and polartec vests. If anyone's interested in the NECPS merchandise, let Dave S. know.

Schloaty - I've got some great high resolution pics, but I need to crop and scale them down first before posting here. I should have at least some of them up much much later tonight.

WildBill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you guys have so much fun I wish their was a CP society around my area.... pictures pictures!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Also in attendence from the forums were Stiflermichael, Wildbill, Khanli, Dave S., Kirkwmartin...hmmm....Peter (what's your screen name?), a few others who's screen names I've forgotten (arg!).
    me!! hmm....and ken (chloroplast). plus the folks from Dangerous Plants, I think they said they post, but I can't remember their names. oh! and Nathan (D muscipula).

I was completely awestruck the entire weekend...there were so many talented growers and amazing plants!! I think I went through the display greenhouse about 40 times. there was so much to see!!
    -Emily

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pics
    I still want to know how you can "forget" your camera on something like this?? Thats sorta like going on your honeymoon and forgetting your wife...
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or you dont forget youre wife you just forget youre camera on the honey moon.. lots of missed moments their...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I still want to know how you can "forget" your camera on something like this??
    actually, I think Schloaty was debating asking his wife to drive...what, 3, 4 hours?...to bring him his camera...
    -Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here we go.....

Dave Sackett's N. villosa

Close up of Jeff Matheson's VFT bowl.

Schloaty's N. campanulata

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast