What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More NECPS Pictures

Here's the rest of the pics Dena and I took:

necps06_009.jpg

necps06_008.jpg

necps06_063.jpg

necps06_062.jpg

... more...

necps06_036.jpg

Filling out the form for your favorite plant. Votes will be randomly selected and the folks contacted who have won a free plant. Looks like he picked #5.

necps06_048.jpg

necps06_048B.jpg

necps06_030.jpg

That's NECPS Webmaster Nathan on the left after having fed one of the traps a cricket - which brings everyone smiles.

...more...

necps06_076.jpg

Guest Guild Of Natural Science Illustrators (GNSI.org) member Frances Topping.

necps06_076B.jpg

Sorry folks, I think NECPS President John Phillip brought this illustration home.

necps06_019.jpg

Necps member, Jon Wallace who also had presented at the ICPS conference in Frostburg.

necps06_078.jpg

That's me on the right with the guest who won the raffle plant at my "Monstrosities of Mother Nature" presentation. The picture looks like an illusion, she won a small VFT but it looks like she's holding a pot of S. flava. We had those S. leuco buttons for sale with the caption, "My Plants Consume Me."

...more...

necps06_079.jpg

NECPS member Frank Meglio and the Papaya tree in the greenhouse next door.

necps06_074.jpg

necps06_086.jpg

Mike Stiffler's N. ampullaria.

necps06_073.jpg

I think this is Dave Sackett's N. macrophylla

...more...

necps06_085.jpg

necps06_082.jpg

necps06_061.jpg

Matt Opel's Byblis.

necps06_061B.jpg

Close up of the Byblis.

...still more...

necps06_025.jpg

Jeff Mattheson's VFT bowl.

necps06_087.jpg

necps06_089.jpg

necps06_089B.jpg

...and finally:

necps06_088.jpg

necps06_093.jpg

necps06_093B.jpg

Wish you all could have been there.

WildBill

ha that 'Dente' makes me laugh!
Alex

OMG thats like the ONLY GOOD photo of the phenomena (vft) Ive seen! you need to like send it to some one or post it some place so its recognized!

Maybe some explanation on the pictures... cause... I dunno would be nice...

Nice pictures!It looks like everyone had a good time!I had a vft do that this year,I just cut it off and planted it.

Jerry

Great pics Bill! Was that you or Dena that took them (or a little of both)?

WOW, that's quite the smorgasbord
biggrin.gif

I must ask- WHO is responsible for that monstrousity that is that "Bog Bucket" in the last 2 pics (with the Nep, S.purpurea, VFTs, Cephs and a few trumpets)???
IS that a permanent thing, or was it smacked together for the show?? MOST impressive, either way, really sorry that I can't attend these things, darnit

Thanks for the complements Mabudon. The bog bucket is mine and it's a great thing to bring when I give talks. It's been together for a little over a year, and the bits of live LFS I'd originally chopped and sprinkled all over finally grew and covered it. The Ceph really likes the deep pot. In the very back I have a cranberry plant and we've gotten a few cranberries.

A few plants are not real happy - with it being outside and all. I strategically placed it on our deck so part would get more sun and part would be more in dappled shade. I had a very nice D. prolifera in there but squirrels destroyed it last spring. There was a nice D. capensis in there, but recent cold weather just before the show wiped it out. I have a Nepenthes (clip x vent) x (clip x vent) and I'd wanted to have the pitchers hang over the side - but, it just keeps getting smaller and smaller. Also, in the back I have a D. binata that sorta comes & goes.

Here are some of the plants in it:

S. leuco
S. Dana's Delight
S. purp
S.purp seedling
VFT
VFT dentate
VFT seedling
VFT Red Dragon
Ping moranensis
D. binata
S. alata
S. flava
Bog cranberry
D. rotundifolia
D. nitidula
Cephalotus

Right now I'm debating whether to take it apart and put some things into dormancy, or bring it in for another winter and grow the whole thing under lights.

WildBill

Back