Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: job interview

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so, 5 months after graduating from college, I finally, finally have a job interview tomorrow!

any tips for nailing these things?

-Emily
    -Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    depends what kind of job. make sure everything is ship-shape about yuor looks. hair, shave, D-O...that stuff. sucking up doesnt usually help...trust me.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to wish you good luck! It took me over a year to find a job as a surgical tech after completeing that course. I had to move to get a job too. The school did not help place me like they said they would either. Anywho.

Tips. Lets see. Think of some questions and write them down. I am not sure what type of work your interviewing for so it is hard to come up with some questions to get you started. With the medical field, and typicaly with the OR where I work it is good to know if you have to provide your own scrubs or if the hospital provides them for you. It is good to ask about parking and if you need to get a parking pass or even pay for parking like some places do. Even though most of this stuff gets covered in orientation it is good to ask questions during the interview. Atleast in my experience they like it when they are not the only ones doing the talking. Step up and show them your not just a person that follows directions and answers question. Make it known that you have initiative to do some common sence things without being told you naeed to do this that and the other. By stepping to the plate and asking questions I think it points out that your willing to go above and beyond just taking orders. Show leadership skills. Show up about 15 min early for your interview. I would recomend leaving 30 min earlier than it would take you to get there just in case something happens or you get lost trying to park. I know with hospital parking it can sometimes be confusing. Plus you need to give yourself time to find where human resources is located and still be sitting in the human resources waiting room 15 min prior to your appointment. Dress nice ( I know you know that part) bring a pen and any other info you may need. Turn OFF your cell or leave it in the car. If your interview is out of town do not wear what your going to interview in on the way there. Wear streat cloths for the ride and change in a bathroom when you get into town. You never know what might happen on the trip and you could potentialy get your cloths dirty before the interview. Um I can't think of anything else at the momment.

What are you interviewing for?

Goodluck!
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I'm interviewing for a laboratory job at my college. Specifically, it's at the Center for Vector Borne Disease. Vectors are things like ticks and mosquitoes that can transmit diseases to humans. So the job, as far as I can figure out, would involve studying ticks to try and find a vaccine for lyme disease. I want to go into entomology, so this is a perfect job for me!

thanks, guys!
    -Emily

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, then congrads. Hmm I would still say ask questions. Show yourself a leader and not a follower. Ask if you need to provide your own labcoat and stuff like that. Since you know more about the area of study than I do I whink you can come up with some pertinant questions. I would still sujest showing up 15 min early for the interview and still wear nice cloths. Again Goodluck. I wish you the best.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Hort. School dropout X 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best of luck in that interview , Emily.
    Every seed that you plant ,doesn't sprout.
    Every seed that sprouts, doesn't make it to maturity.
    Every cutting that you stick doesn't grow roots.
    Every cutting that roots doesn't grow to a small plant.
    Every small plant doesn't reach maturity.

Who needs speelcheck?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you, lois

it went well! I met the assistant professor for the project, and it seemed they're eager to get me in there. I just have to meet the professor who's in charge of it all...
    -Emily

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]make sure everything is ship-shape about yuor looks. hair, shave...
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]-Emily

Sounds like it went really well Emily. Congratulations!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast