What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short Sarracenia poem I wrote in like 5min

I was in the mood just now to write a poem about Sarracenia, I 'spose more specifically S. purpurea, but whatever, here it is:

How you wait so silently, knowingly
Knowing what unfortunates will fall upon you,
Being so helpless,
Drinking your nectar, your wine,
So becoming dreamy, and falling in
Falling into the pool of death
Where they cannot escape
Yet you smile with your mouth open wide
Waiting again for more to come.

No, I don't write poems often, but this had to come out. Just let me know what you think or whatever.

-Ben

wow! thats incredible...thers no way i could write anything like that.
Alex

Lol, thanks. The thing is these poems kinda have to build up in me for while, so I know what to write about, these "feelings". So, when I decide to write it, it just comes out no problem. Of course, I used big words, and compared the nectar to wine, but it wasn't difficult, and I'm glad that it's actually good.

-Ben

I like it too! I am in the same boat as glider, I couldn't have written something like that. I do not have a way with words. I wish I did. Thanks for sharing that with us.

I am also the same as both of you, I can't even think about making poems because it makes my head hurt
smile_n_32.gif

I cant make poems about plants... I make poems about eating sugar gliders... and what kind of hot sauce I am going to use.

glider glider, what succulent morsels
streatched out over an open flame
moth wide open, mouth dripping with drool
how how I love youre tasty bite
hot suace I will endow you with
flavor beyond my wildest dreams
glider glider... my favorite treat

well its a work in progress but you get the idea!
smile_m_32.gif

nice poem though!

lol, don't show that to Trapper.....

Thanks again guys.

-Ben

Back