What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone know what this is?

we stopped at a greenhouse today since i was looking for plants for frog tanks(found a few ferns) anyways my wife saw this 2 foot tall blooming bush. being that it had purple flowers she just had to have it. we asked the gal working what it was. she said they had no clue, they had looked everywhere and could not find anything that looked like it nor could they remember where they got it but it had been blooming for a month. Darla asked if it was for sale and the gal said sure, checked the pot for a price tag and not finding one she said "ummmmm, $6.99?" Darla said "SOLD!!" so now ive got a plant that i have no clue what it is. also brought home a pineapple and staghon fern, they were clearing out all their plants at 60% off

Untitled-5-2.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Hi Rattler-

What you have there is what I believe to be a variety of Plectranthus. I was given a few small cuttings several weeks ago and they look very similar. The purple-ish undersides gave it away. Great steal for only $6.99! Enjoy!

Dog plant

Does it bark?

Only if you tickle it...

or put cat nip infront of it.. then you hear a kind of growl... and the not commonly noted movement... it will lean twoards the cat nip and if close enough envelop it and kill it...

Back