Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The upcoming election

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (seedjar @ Nov. 01 2006,5:03)]As a last point, I'd like to say something with regards to this whole assinine Kerry debacle. Was his comment so off-target? I think there's a lot of truth to it. I've always found it awfully convenient that there was a minor recession, coincided by a deluge of military recruitment, shortly before Bush and company allowed the 9/11 incident and conjured up a war on the Middle East. I know a lot of kids that I went to school with who signed on shortly before 9/11, because they couldn't find better pay. And guess what? These weren't honor roll students. Given that conservative agendas constantly push education aside as a priority, it all seems a little too choreographed.
    I also think that this retaliation is rather telling, as it exposes a chronic, severe lack of education on the part of nearly all Americans. Kerry said (to paraphrase) that those with little education end up stuck in Iraq. He said nothing about soldiers, America's military, or any vaguely patriotic topic. Kerry is postulating on those with little education, not those in the military; his statement doesn't proclude the existence of educated soldiers. It doesn't even assert that any of the military is poorly educated. If you're buying into the republican propaganda that says Kerry is somehow dissing soldiers, then you're either very gullible or lacking in basic English comprehension skills.
    ~Joe
    Yeah I noticed the same thing but didn't say anything. Are the smartest kids going to go join the army? hah! No they will go to college. If they use the military to get to college because they can't afford it otherwise, that's a different story.

I don't support the army anyway. It's so... I dunno. Lots of unethical things happening these days, especially when The **** promotes torture. Not to mention the gay community isn't good enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clint & Joe - Just because each of you went to school with a couple of kids that joined the armed forces and they werent 'honor roll students' does not mean that the less intelligent people are the only ones to join. You cannot take a few examples that you are aware of and make a large generalization. Take a look at a few studies, they show time and time again that specific age brackets in the armed forces have equal to or higher intellingence then the same age bracket of people in the US.
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I knew someone would say something. . That's why I was afraid to say something.

For example, my mom's ex husband (not my father) was a crack head and joined just to clean up his record.

I retract my statement and i'm sorry for any offense. It's just a pattern i've noticed. I do support you, wolf9. I don't support the war, but I support the soldiers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh Raa thanks Clint
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm taking a contrarian position and supporting the war, but NOT the troops. (obviously joking!)

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol caps

Really though, it's important for you guys to understand that we understand that you didn't get us into this. You are just doing your job. We shouldn't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch because you guys have families and kids and mean a lot to the country. I'm too much of a wimp to do it, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I promised myself I would not post this. I really did…I lied.

Monday
    John Kerry makes his “stuck in Iraq” statement.
    The Republicans sharpen their swords.
    Our troops use old Kerry campaign posters for target practice.

Tuesday
    John Kerry says he will never apologize…that it was simply a botched joke.
    Four members of his own party criticize him.
    Bill and Hillary want no part of this one.
    Nancy Pilosi is silent, no where to be found.
    Kerry cancels all campaign appearances for the next day.

Wednesday
    He apologizes to the members of our military. Says his statement was misinterpreted…no mention of the “joke” excuse.
    Soooo…Was he for the botched joke before he was against it.
    National news organizations show film clip of a platoon of soldiers in Iraq holding up a very large banner that says, “Help us John Kerry, we are stuck in Iraq.”

I LOVE IT.

Just for the record, 98% of our military have a high school diploma, far higher than their civilian counterparts. 96% of our officers have a college degree.
    George Bush Graduated from Yale with a higher GPA than John Kerry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, I thought the banner was funny, too.

I was wrong about the soliers. I'm sorry.

We really can't assume The Bush got through yale by himself, can we? Nucular. eh heh heh.

FYI, Hillary did comment on it.