Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The upcoming election

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh hello Sarrfiend. Up to three whole post now are we? Oh, and I wouldn't talk about conspiracy theories if I were you.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh...Clint...watch that please.

And I was JUST getting ready to make a post about how civil everyone was being with this discussion. lol

Its a good discussion...keep it up.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry i'm sorry i'll edit.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ktulu @ Nov. 02 2006,2:13)]I have another thing that i forgot to mention that is important to me, but that was missed due by most people to, in my opinion, less important but much "juicier" news (the mark folley fiasco). The loss of the writ of habeas corpus, or the right to appear in court and figure out why exactly you have been arrested in a nutshell.
    Excellent point ktulu; this is one topic that has definitely missed media attention. It doesn't sell well - 'corpus' just isn't a sexy word.
    Quote[/b] ]Does anyone realized what this means, our founding fathers are rolling in their graves. This means you can now be imprisoned and held indefinately without trial. This infact negates pretty much everything this country was founded on.
    More people should be angry about this.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should fill people in on a bit of internet terminology

Sarrfiend is what is known as a "troll". While repulsive appearance and rank body odor can be associated with trolls, their defining characteristic is their behavior, in which they appear from nowhere and immediately begin posting in a manner which is calculated to stir up trouble, often by deliberately taking an extreme on an unpopular position, frequently off-topic for the board.

Trolls can be distinguished from real members who simply have an unpopular position in two ways: first, all of a troll's posts will be arguementative, while real members will have posts over a broad spectrum and secondly, the troll will often seek out flame-heavy but off-topic threads. A troll can be distinguished from a lurker by having a join date shortly before they begin "trolling" for responses.

Sarrfiend has just joined, has contibuted nothing in terms of discussion of the forum's main topic, and his only posts are overly-arguementative and part of a flame-heavy off-topic post. As such, he fits the classic profile of a troll.

Trolls must be dealt with one of two ways. On the boards I mod, they're banned instantly. Alternatively, they can be ignored (though this can backfire by causing the troll to resort to ever-more outrageous behavior in an effort to attract attention). Most importantly, they must not be responded to, known as "feeding the troll(s)". Responses will embolden the troll, and lead them to derail more threads.

So basically, ignore it, and it'll go away.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The conspiracy has been revealed! That's right I must be a troll because I have a low post count and because I'm not in your circle of posters.

WRONG. True I have a low post count but I have been reading these forums for the last few months. I never bothered to post because I never felt compelled to. After reading this thread, and reading this leftest propaganda I decided to pick up my sword and swing! Your entitled to your views and stances as well as I am. Just because there's more people here drooling liberalism doesn't mean that it is the only means.

So if you want to attack my thought process and stances please do so. If you want to attack my post count, and my familiarity then why even bother make yourself look bad? Ironic how we're talking about democracy, freedoms and equalities when this Dinosaur here is suggesting I be banned because I'm throwing a wrench in his propaganda. Maybe that's why you're not the moderator here sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's like saying a member of the KKK shouldn't be banned because he's just "throwing a wrench in our propaganda" at this forum.

This is a privately owned forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 03 2006,12:15)]That's like saying a member of the KKK shouldn't be banned because he's just "throwing a wrench in our propaganda" at this forum.

This is a privately owned forum.
    Now I'm equated to a member of the KKK? I take serious offense to that! I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you botched your joke like your friend Mr. Kerry. LOL!

I know this is a privately owned forum and I read and agreed to the terms of use. I have done nothing to break the rules and have every right to post my stances in this thread. Get used to it.