What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The upcoming election

Atleast we can return to somewhat normality tomorrow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 07 2006,4:45)]Atleast we can return to somewhat normality tomorrow.
I hope so. I am so tired of the BS and mudslinging. The regular news is depressing enough with out tossing politics into it.

I am usually pretty optimistic about people in general, but about every 4 years I become a hardened pesimist.

Dems took the house!

Still waiting on the votes for the Senate.

Last time I checked, dems only need one more vote to win the Senate!

Donald dumbsdail resignes!

We are all waiting on Virginia. I think Webb will take it though. Quite a sweep for the Democrats.
biggrin.gif

Please no Hanging Chads...

No matter what party your in, the outcome of that one senate seat is HUGE! With so much to gain/lose, its just unbelievable! It’s a nail-biter in every sense of the word!

Breaking news: Dems capture senate, win in Virginia.

This calls for a sexy party!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 08 2006,10:03)]This calls for a sexy party!
Wha the
rock.gif
The Rumsfeld resignation must have you really randy, you callow, copulating cad!
oh.gif

I'm sorry... i've been hanging out with Ted Haggard....

Well, Now it is there turn. Lets see if they can do better.

I wonder how much my taxes are going to get raised.
rock.gif
thumbdown.gif
crap.gif

Taxes have to be raised to pay for Bush's runaway spending and tax cuts for the wealthy.  Don't blame leaders who are responsible enough to straighten out our nation's finances.  I'm not saying Democrats are those people, but someone needs to be.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm sorry... i've been hanging out with Ted Haggard....

laugh.gif

I don't like losing a big chunk of my paycheck to taxes any more than anyone else. However I do recognize that taxes *pay for things*! We could eliminate some taxes and instead make people pay for public education and pay to travel on and repair our roads, etc.

What we need is fiscal responsibility. Then there would be enough revenue to pay for everything without HAVING to raise taxes. They need to have lobby reform and cut out all that pork barrel spending!

Did you know that a Congressman gets paid $165,000 a year but this year they worked less than any other Congress in history? Only about 100 days. They only like to work part of Tues., Wed. and part of Thurs. because they want that 4-day weekend! How many of you work 3 days a week for $165,000 per year and get absolutely NOTHING accomplished on your job? If they want to work 3-day weeks...fine. But cut that salary in half and use the money to pay for other things this country needs.

The statistics I've been hearing on the Bush years have been disgusting. Corruption, the huge deficit and rampant spending. I hope the Democrats got the message from this election loud and clear and KNOW they have to be responsible to the people who elected them.

Back