Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The upcoming election

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You forgot one big one: Education. Thomas Jefferson himself once said "A nation which expects to be ignorant and free expects what never has and never will be."

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You forgot one big one: Education. Thomas Jefferson himself once said "A nation which expects to be ignorant and free expects what never has and never will be."
    Uhhh, last I checked, it was spelled "ejucajun." Where did you go to school?

Quote[/b] ]Fight it Clint.. fight it fight it fight it....
    Fight it, bro. Fight it. Not worth getting in trouble or arguing over something that is so deeply seated that there's nothing you can do here. I feel for ya, I've been in a similar place (albeit on a different topic.) I may not be gay, but I got much love for ya; fight for what you think is right, but be careful not to cross the line (like I know you know.)

(Note: The latter half of this message is the serious half.)
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]The definition of marriage has always been one man one woman
    Factually incorrect. The Christian church performed gay marriages as a matter of course until the 11th century. Numerous other cultures and religions also have no such rules.

Quote[/b] ]but they have no right to use the Godly institution of marriage for their relationships
    If it's a Godly institution, it should not be part of US civil law. The US is home to many people, of any faiths, and attempting to make one faith's rules the law of the land is not only a clear violation of the 1st Ammendment, but antithetical to the very idea of freedom.

Quote[/b] ] If they want to be gay, that is their choice
    Once again, factually inaccurate. All evidence points to innate orientation determined by a mix of environmental and genetic factors long before puberty, possibly entirely in utero.

Quote[/b] ]I'm also strongly against gays adopting and believe that they should not be allowed to in the interests of the child.
    And the broken, worthless foster system that bounces kids from home to home with no semblance of stability or family is somehow better?

Quote[/b] ]Also the premise that to be gay is as normal as being heterosexual is false. As much as the media, MTV, and Hollywood would like us to believe, homosexuality is not normal.
    Define "normal"? Statistically, it is not the majority, instead comprising roughly 5-6% of the populace according to the most effective research done. However, frequency of occurence does not denote moral or value judgement.

Quote[/b] ]Actually I could careless what the world thinks of us. They don't care about our interests, nor the problems right next to them.
    You are aware that the US economy is now so completely globalized that a dip in the Nikei can affect the Dow within hours, right? And that a large part of any international relationship, trade or otherwise, is diplomacy, right?

Like it or not, for better or worse, we are part of the global community. Who you piss off today might impose restrictive tarrifs on imports from us tommorrow, cutting trade and costing thousands of jobs.

Quote[/b] ]To whoever wanted secularism, look at what secularism and liberalism did to the EU. It's not pretty over there right now.
    Yeah, they're really suffering with their free healthcare, excellent public education, and diplomacy.

This is a total logical falacy. Correlation does not equal causation, and, more importantly, you can't even get a correlation from two points. There are plenty of conservative, religious countries who are doing terribly (Sudan), while others are doing well. Ditto for liberal, secular countries.

And, maybe it's just me, but I like living in a country where I can not be a part of the state religion and not be executed for heresy as a result. That's what non-secular countries are.

The right to live according to your beliefs comes at the cost of allowing others to live their lives according to their beliefs.

Mokele

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I said I wouldn't post, oh well.

I want to thank you guys for backing me up. That really means a lot to me.

Mokele, you are forgetting one thing; facts and evidence don't matter to people like this. Their blind conviction clouds their common sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I just noticed the google ads at the top & bottom of this page are about gay activists, gay marriage and so on, unlike the plant ads at the bottom of the 1st page. I wonder if a right-wing pinhead forum gets gay ads too when they start tossing the word around. No wonder they're so paranoid.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now they're replaced by the same plant ads. Didn't I use the g-word often enough to keep that going? How do google ads work?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Now they're replaced by the same plant ads. Didn't I use the g-word often enough to keep that going? How do google ads work?
    As I understand it, they search the page for certain key words, and display ads accordingly. I can't see them here, but on another forum I'm a mod on, you can usually see a few dozen google search bots scouring the site at any one time.

Mokele

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 25 2006,7:50)]I know I said I wouldn't post, oh well.

I want to thank you guys for backing me up. That really means a lot to me.

Mokele, you are forgetting one thing; facts and evidence don't matter to people like this. Their blind conviction clouds their common sense.
    Clint I'm sorry you were offended by my position/opinions I honestly meant no disrespect towards you. When I said I have compassion I meant that and no you don't really know me. If I interacted with you in real life I would treat you the same way I would treat anyone else, with compassion. Just because I have compassion for you and care about you just like everyone else doesn't mean that I have to share your views and tell you I agree with you.

When you posted your opinions, I could have easily jumped on it and made a scene like you did. Instead I respected your post and posted my opinion/views and what did you do? You jumped all over me because my view is opposite yours. Why can't both views be posted? Why is it OK for you to post your perspective but as soon as I post mine I'm a hypocrite, blind person with no common sense? I'm willing to see both perspectives, maybe you are the blind one?

So they actually found the cause of homosexuality? That's news to me! How do you feel about homosexuals who find Jesus Christ and then turn heterosexual? How did they change their genetics?
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast