Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The upcoming election

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be interested to see what all of you consider the “hot button” issues for the coming election and the presidential election in two years.

In alphabetical order;
    -Afghanistan war
    -Abortionrights
    -Big government
    -Civil rights
    -Constitutional rights
    -Economy
    -Environment
    -Gay rights
    -Gun control
    -Illegal immigration
    -Iraq war
    -Oil prices
    -Taxes
    -What the rest of the world thinks of us
    -War on terror
    Did I miss any that you think are important?

One more question. What do you consider the most important attribute of a good president.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My answers, in order, using your topic list. This doesn't indicate my stances on these issues, just what I think is important in this particular election.

-Iraq war
    -Constitutional rights
    -Civil rights (-Gay rights, same thing)
    -War on terror
    -Afghanistan war
    -Environment
    -Oil prices
    -medical procedure rights
    -Economy
    -Gun control
    -Big government
    -Taxes
    -Illegal immigration

My most important attribute of a good President is "good judgment".

Max
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking for opposition to the imperial presidency. That means restoring the proper checks & balances among the branches of government, complying with international laws, reigning in secrecy run amok. Basically, aborting fascism while it's still embryonic.

I used to think the most important attribute of a president is to be decisive and that the second most important attribute is for the decisions to be good. I've been proven wrong.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My answers, in no particular order, are:

-abortionrights (Why do they censor the AB word?)
    -Civil rights
    -Constitutional rights
    -Gay rights
    -Illegal immigration (I say let 'em all in)
    -Marijuana legalization

Most important attribute? Secular open-mindedness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here we go, you forgot to yell "Fire in the hole !!". But seriously in alphabetical order.

-Afghanistan war
    -Abortionrights
    -Big government
    -Civil rights
    -Constitutional rights
    -Economy
    -Environment
    -Gay rights
    -Gun control
    -Illegal immigration
    -Iraq war
    -Oil prices
    -Taxes
    -War on terror

You listed all the main points that are of interest to myself and family. In a nutshell IMHO if the Big Govt. issue somehow gets addressed the others would fall in line.

Now seems like a good time to start the discussion though.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am deviating slightly from your list, but these are the issues important to me.

-Constitutional rights (We must protect our rights while we still can)
    -Peaceful Foreign policy
    -Civil rights
    -What the rest of the world thinks of the US.
    -Affordable healthcare for everyone.
    -A fair, workable, peace in the middle east.

As for the best attribute of a president is respect and consideration of other view points.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Middle-class work force crisis
    2) Economy
    3) Health care
    4) New, clean, independent energy
    5) War on terror

6) Securing the borders:
    -If you want to be an American citizen, or come to America do it legally. We should not be supporting illegals who break the law, abuse our medical services and allow our employers to pay them for cheap labor.

7) Abortionrights:
    -Abort!ons = killing innocent life. I can see extreme circumstances (like the possibility of the death of the mother) where they could be considered. But otherwise you should not be allowed to abort merely because you were not responsible. It's simple, if you don't want to get pregnant, practice abstinence until you get married. If you want to fool around use birth control and gamble with the dice. If you are unable (for whatever reasons) to support for the soon to be child, have the child and put them up for adoption. Atleast then they will have a chance at life and you will get the chance to be more responsible.

8) Environment:
    -This kind of goes together with new fuel sources. Why are we so addicted to petroleum? It's time we move on to more advanced, cleaner, renewable, resources.

9) Gay rights:
    -The definition of marriage has always been one man one woman. I have nothing but love for homosexuals and feel deeply for them but they have no right to use the Godly institution of marriage for their relationships. If they want to be gay, that is their choice, but that doesn't mean they have the right to marriage. I'm also strongly against gays adopting and believe that they should not be allowed to in the interests of the child. Also the premise that to be gay is as normal as being heterosexual is false. As much as the media, MTV, and Hollywood would like us to believe, homosexuality is not normal.

10) What the rest of the world thinks of us:
    Actually I could careless what the world thinks of us. They don't care about our interests, nor the problems right next to them. To whoever wanted secularism, look at what secularism and liberalism did to the EU. It's not pretty over there right now. All members of gov't should care about the U.S. and it's citizens and forget what the world thinks.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fight it Clint.. fight it fight it fight it....

Aaaaaaahhh!

I've thought and thought and the only thing I can say which won't result in being banned is : I'm sorry that you think you are better than me. Really, you say you "love" us, but love is treating others like equals and understanding. You have shown a lack of understanding by saying we chose to be gay. That's a bunch of crap. You didn't choose to be straight and I didn't choose to be gay; it just worked out that way. Who in their right mind would WANT to choose a HARDER way to live?! You.. Oh my god seriously I have to stop before I say something I'll regret. As far as being normal goes, sorry. We are a minority. I guess blacks and native american's are abnormal too, huh? Native americans must be REALLY abnormal because there are so few of them.

I'm not going to reply to this thread after this message, so say what you want. I know this is OT but it REALLY got to me. Please don't delete this, mods. I really want to post this to give me peace of mind. I'm absolutely fuming over here.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast