What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what hooligans

glider14

Always a newbie
well some rotten kids had the nerve to take peoples mail over this past week. since the public schools were off they had time to do stuff. around noon a lady from down the street came by and gave us about 17 unopened letters that were found behind her house. there was a huge pile of letters in her car she said for other people. but thats not the worst of it. this morning a guy from down the street called us and told us that a box of checks were found in his yard, opened with one check book(out of 6 i think) in it. we called the police and we are freaking out!! the bank cant do anything about it and the police have failed to do anything since this morning.... has this happened to anyone else? how did the problem get solved?
Alex

There's a song about that. It's called 'Stealing People's Mail'.

I don't understand why the bank couldn't just cancel the checks. You should probably talk to them again, because it should just be like credit or debit cards-- if they get stolen, you cancel 'em.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]There's a song about that. It's called 'Stealing People's Mail'.

There's also a name of an offense about that. It's called FELONY.

What do you mean the bank "can't do anything about it"? I mean, beyond canceling the checks, there's nothing FOR them to do. If you have a camera, leave it on and facing your mailbox (it's worked in the past for people!) Keep an eye on the mailbox. And it's also BS that the police "can't do anything" - they can come drive by every now and again and keep their eyes open.

Good luck catching the little boogers.

yea and ive alredy narrowed it down to 3 people in my neighborhood. we have no place for a camera facing a mailbox so we will have to get a neighbor to do it.
Alex

wow! if that ever happened to me, I would be sitting outside in the bushes 24/7 waiting for them to come by one more time.
smile_s_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Farmer Dave @ Oct. 29 2006,7:00)]wow! if that ever happened to me, I would be sitting outside in the bushes 24/7 waiting for them to come by one more time.
smile_s_32.gif
i got my mellinuim edition Red Rider BB gun ready!!

wow! actually all I was thinking about was a butt-load of "bear" pepper spray.

I have a video of a couple of stupid kids messing with my mailbox. I never had to use it though. I went to their mom and told her about it and mentioned that I had called their school and notified the principal. I told her my next step was to call police and wanted to give her a chance to correct the situation before I did. She took care of it... they never bothered me again.
confused.gif

Back