Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 days of hunting............no blood spilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome shots!

Eh, it's been around 40 here the last couple of days, occasionally 30's, and we got a light lil powder a couple weeks ago.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAK: where we are hunting has a fairly small(compared to the mountains) but stable(and growing!) population of elk they are getting more and more plentiful but the tags are only availible by special drawing for this area. i only have the data from 2004 in front of me but for bull tags(actually either sex tags) there are only 10 tags availible and 349 ppl put in for them, for cow tags(technically antlerless tags) there are 30 availible and 80 ppl put in. so yah have to be lucky enough to draw a tag. course this is better odds than moose tags where there are 350 some tags availible state wide and 22,000 some odd ppl put in for them........not sure what the bighorn sheep odds are but its even a remoter chance.

any resident who wants one can buy a either sex/either species deer tag as well as put in for extra doe tags(or buy over the counter if there is surplus) i think this year if i wanted to i could shoot 1 buck and 7 does if i chose cause the deer population where we hunt is exploding. while i dont mind shooting them and cleaning them there is only so much butchering i care to do in a year. 8 deer(not including what the wife and father in law shoot) means way more work in the kitchen over 5 weeks than i care for
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooooohhhhhh.

Why don't you come to VA and shoot the raccoon I saw climbing up the wisteria onto my house last nite.

Actually, I don't want it dead. Just removed from my house so Ollie won't go after it and get hurt.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like fun! What kind of gun you use? I have been to Montana twice, grouse hunting is awesome there.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went Elk hunting one time, I was to young to really shoot but I was up in Montana (couldnt tell you where though) Ive gone Bear hunting in alaska too, that was awsome... Again I didnt get to shoot, I was allready freaking out about their being bears on the island!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im using a custom rifle built off of a Remington 700 its chambered in 375 Winchester Short Magnum. with bullets weighing up to 270 grains it will equal the 375H&H but im running it at saner speeds given that its a light rifle. im running 235 grainers prolly at around 2400-2500fps for my deer loads. its a purty rifle

its the second from the left

dont do much bird hunting........could never hit anything out of the air......my brother does a fair amount of pheasant hunting though
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Hort. School dropout X 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoyed your story .
    Love the pictures.
    Lois
    Every seed that you plant ,doesn't sprout.
    Every seed that sprouts, doesn't make it to maturity.
    Every cutting that you stick doesn't grow roots.
    Every cutting that roots doesn't grow to a small plant.
    Every small plant doesn't reach maturity.

Who needs speelcheck?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was photographing an elk hunt near Gunnison Co. four years ago. Two of the hunters got high altitude sickness and I had to drive them 22 miles down the mountain to the hospital at 2 AM in a blizzard. No heater in the truck. If I had gone off the road, search crews would have found us about April.
    The guys were in pretty bad shape and the doctor insisted I stay at least overnight as I was not breathing all that well.
    I met a really pretty nurse and we went out partying the next evening and had a great ole' time. The hospital thought I had gone AWOL.
    The moral of this story is, out of a bad situation, some good may come.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast