User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Further proof of Evolution? 4-finned dolphin....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 07 2006,1:39)]It's not that we have a beef with christians, it's that they, IME, can't give a straight answer. When the DO use science, they only talk about what supports their viewpoint and ignore the mountains of data that disproves it. It's common sense, people.
    than your talking with the wrong ones........

while i do not consider myself christian i do like debating religion with some ppl. most of the time it leads to some enlightening things. but if your not going to do so with the right ppl than you will spin your wheels and so will they cause chances are neither of you are on solid footing(understanding)
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Nov. 07 2006,3:44)]Cause the only christians that are willing to speak out are the ones who dont know much *aka me* and the ones that know any thing are usualy quite and dont speak out much, go talk to a strait forward Nondenominationl pastor!
    If you don't know much, how do you know you believe it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know enough to satisfy my hunger and curiostiy about christianity, and some other people are so nit picky about what they find in a religion ( or if they dont find one at all), I on the other hand dont know enough to go out and tell you every thing you want to know!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Nov. 07 2006,3:57)]I know enough to satisfy my hunger and curiostiy about christianity, and some other people are so nit picky about what they find in a religion ( or if they dont find one at all), I on the other hand dont know enough to go out and tell you every thing you want to know!
    If there are mountains of evidence against something you believe, aren't you curious about it? Pointing out tiny little flaws is nitpicking. Pointing out mountains isn't.

Personally when I believe something, I feel prepared for most questions people ask me because hopefully I've already asked them myself. I feel lazy and deluded if I don't come up with every question I can think of. If someone comes to me with a question I haven't even thought of, it's a gift. If that question is crippling to my belief, it's an outright blessing. That person has just rescued me.

I'm not tooting my own horn here (obsessive questioning can also lead to philosophical paralysis if you're not careful)... I guess I'm just trying to explain why I have trouble understanding why there would be people who didn't find such questions very interesting. Ultimately they can only lead to a better understanding of the truth. Questions are only a threat to one's beliefs if those beliefs are false.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but isnt a little flaw in a chain just bad as a missing link?

and ive questioned my beleife many times and ended up finding it true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Nov. 07 2006,4:47)]but isnt a little flaw in a chain just bad as a missing link?

and ive questioned my beleife many times and ended up finding it true.
    Little flaw: The flood happened but it happened 200 years earlier than we realize.

Big flaw: The flood was physically impossible from many different vantage points.

The little flaw doesn't seem just as bad to me. I'm not really sure what you're getting at though.

As long as you keep asking questions I'm not all that interested in trying to change your mind. You're bound to hit the theory-busting questions eventually. I'm hoping you'll see them as a gift.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Nov. 07 2006,3:40)]on the whole flood.........you guys are not reading it right. you are going by the current ENGLISH version. IIRC if you go by some of the earlier hebrew versions that the present ones were translated from it did not say for him to gather up 2 of every animal......it said gather up two of every clean animal or something along those lines. which ment he gathered up around 250 critters total IIRC. 2 oxen, 2 donkeys, 2 chickens, 2 geese.........ect. i forget where but it lists somewhere else in the bible what animals are considered clean.
    Ok, I'll go with that totally.

Still, everything died! So what if 250 beasts lived. Everything else died in the flood. How did we get the diversity of today if everything but 200 some odd animals survived? The "Great flood" never happened.

Hasn't anyone read my except?

Cody: come on dude. How much pot have you had How can you be too intellectualy lazy to want to know this stuff?

That's like Jesus coming down in your living room and saying "Come with me, son, and I shall show you the meaning of life" and you saying, "No thanks , I'm satisfied".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]
    Still, everything died! So what if 250 beasts lived. Everything else died in the flood. How did we get the diversity of today if everything but 200 some odd animals survived? The "Great flood" never happened.
    if yah read one of my posts i say that i believe the bible may be flawed cause it was written(and translated) by man. being that i am not familiar with the original transcripts other than on a few points. i may have to find somewhere where i can look at something close to the original texts. just wanted to point out you are not actually looking for a guy to build a boat to contain two of EVERY animal.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/