User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Further proof of Evolution? 4-finned dolphin....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea I dont know when they proved it, thats like saying something dasterdly obsured like nepenthes suck!

(lol just kidding)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Hehe, I made sure to put a question mark in an attempt to not start a flame war. I learned that trick from CNN.
    Judging by the following post, it looks like maybe you should have added in a few extra question marks.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am with Mokele. I believe evolution has been proven for a long time. Those indeviduals that feel they are too good to be decendant from apes or ape like creatures just irritate me. We have found the missing link that apes and humans decended from a common ancestor. The aminal split up into 3 different branches of the family tree. One going to the apes, one going to neadertal, and one going to homo erectus. (I hope I got those right) Then further down the tree erectus and neadertal hybridized and became one group again. The neadertal(sp) features are seen in some indeviduals today. The protruding forhead and eyebrows to be one of them that comes to mind. I know someone with those features. It makes sence that the neadertals didn't die out like previously expected. They were stronger and taller than other humanoids of the time, and just as smart. There brain sizes and the fact that they also used tools points to that. It never made sence that they would have just died out. According to a show on cavemen scientist now believe they didn't die out, but intigrated with homo erectus ( I sure hope that was the correct species. Anyway I think you get the jist of what I am saying)

So I stand firmly that evolution has been prooven beyond a reasonable doubt to be True. The "Faithful" that believe they were the begining of the blodlines have no proof to stand there ground. Inteligent design holds no water either. It is not as simple as reverse engineering the cilia motor of a bacteria to prove inteligent design. Evolution can have many intermediate steps that are unseen or it can make leaps from one stage to the other rather drasticly with major mutations. You cannot say that the cilia motor of a bacteria is too complicated to be designed by evolution. There argument is that if you remove one component of the motor it does not work so if evolution slowly adds one peice to the motor every mutation and the motor is useless without all the parts then it had to be designed that way because natural selection would not have kept the motor around long enough for it to have been finished by evolution. That is why I say evolution can happen in leaps.

Since we do not know the full workings of how DNA functions, we cannot fully understand the minute workings on evolution. Like Mokele said manipulating one gene can affect manydifferent things. Since one singel gene can affect expression on one or more different genes, and different combinations can affect many different aspects of developement. So realy all a mutaion had to do was change one gene and Bam everything falls into place for the cilia motor to be formed. Then that gene is kept because it helps the species like natural selection says.

Then you also have to look at this. Evolution does not always keep the good trates over bad ones. Sometimes undesireable trates are kept or conditions change making the kept evolutionary changes obsolete.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well,if we evolved from apes/ape like creatures why would apes/monkeys still exist?It would seem that they would have evolved to.Just my 2 cents.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what people don't understand. We shared a common ancestor, not that we evolved directly from apes. They branched off from this ancestor, which has long ago died.

-ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry you are correct they did evolve. They evolved into the current day apes we know of. It is like coming to a fork in the road. Part of out ancestors down one fork turning eventualy into humans and the others went the other way turning slowly into current modernday apes. Each path on the evolutionary trail leads to different evolutionary changes.

Are you also aware that all dogs came from a singel ancestral bloodline? All the different breeds of dogs we have today came from selective breeding to get the different breeds. So now they all look different. That is the same things that happened with our ape ancestors. Some stayed in the trees and others evolved into man.

ALso there is a difference between apes and monkeys too. Just FYI We are not related to the spider monkey and other monkeys. We are related to the great apes like erangatang(sp) and gorrillas. They just took a different road on the evolutionary path.
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Cool85k5

Not true. Different groups of apes have been subjected to different selection pressures. Some are subject to competition via different other species, leading to certain groups having some, extreme, or no character displacement, yadda yadda.

I agree with Mokele too...evolution (especially through mutation) was proven a looooong time ago.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I find many people do not understand is that the things here today are not the same as they were back when the road split. So everything does evolve at the same time. The current version of apes are just related to us. They are not us. There ancestors are the same as ours, and those have long since been extinct. I find that many people think we evolved from current day apes and that is false. We evolved from past day apes. The same apes that the current day apes evolved from.

I was lucky to have had a professor that also tought a class in evolution when I took BIO.
    JB

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast