User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Further proof of Evolution? 4-finned dolphin....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait...so if the bible is the word of god...and the bible preaches creationism and nothing else, especially not evolution...but evolution is proven to be true..that would negate creationism, therefore proving an "all-knowing" god wrong, and thus negating the entire god myth

nah...that makes entirely too much sense...
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If god created EVERYTHING, wouldn't he also create evil?

You could say that just as darkness is just the absence of light, and cold is the absence of heat, evil is the absence of God. But wouldn't God have created the absence of God, and thus evil? If God created evil, would he still be God?

If God is omnipresent, how can there be an absence of God (evil?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have nothing to interject on the evolution part of this(Mokele has handled that very well). but i was involved in one heck of a religious disscution a few weeks back with some very religious ppl that i extreamly respect who were talking with me(who tends to shy away from religion).

the main point they hammered home in the discussion was that there are no real problems with science and the catholic religion. there opinions is when there is 100% understanding of science and a 100% understanding of the bible than there will be zero conflicts. currently we are a long ways from both. the interesting point on this is none of them have a true science background. they firmly believe in god and firmly believe in science, they are just explaining different things.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But when we have a 100% of science it will disprove alot of the 100% understanding of the bible. IE I am pretty sure that the bible says god created man, but I think it has been provent hat man is a decendant of another animal. So right there will always be a conflict. IMO
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is is you guys are singling out a denomination of Christianity, theirs several major branches, and Catholic is just a major one.

Just cause the pope says it doesnt mean other denominations agree or beleive the same thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Nov. 07 2006,9:31)]But when we have a 100% of science it will disprove alot of the 100% understanding of the bible. IE I am pretty sure that the bible says god created man, but I think it has been provent hat man is a decendant of another animal. So right there will always be a conflict. IMO
    one question: if god created the first life and guided it a bit to its present forms does that not mean he infact created man?

hmmmmmmm.........find it rather odd im on the religious side of things............maybe some one should mark this day on a calander?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nep,

I am not getting my wires crossed, I am a recovering Catholic and I know full well that there are many denominations of Christianity. That said, many Christian denominations take their led from the Pope. And a large portion of the fundamentalists who oppose darwinian evolution are Catholic.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought catholicism (did I spell that right?) was too ritualistic and reminded me too much of a theocracy, with the Pope as the dictator.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast