User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Further proof of Evolution? 4-finned dolphin....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    preaty much and their whole theory of saints defy's what the bible says. They are worshiping saints as Idols. But w/e

True that you werent Pyro but some people made it sound like it, I wasnt focusing you out, I was posting that as a general statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (phissionkorps @ Nov. 07 2006,9:32)]Wait...so if the bible is the word of god...and the bible preaches creationism and nothing else, especially not evolution...but evolution is proven to be true..that would negate creationism, therefore proving an "all-knowing" god wrong, and thus negating the entire god myth

nah...that makes entirely too much sense...
    There is no reference to evolution in the Bible, existing or not existing.

Once again you are confused on the concepts of evolution and creation. They are not one in the same. In order for something to evolve it must be first created. You can't evolve nothing into something.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Nov. 07 2006,12:30)]preaty much and their whole theory of saints defy's what the bible says. They are worshiping saints as Idols. But w/e

True that you werent Pyro but some people made it sound like it, I wasnt focusing you out, I was posting that as a general statement.
    I think for discussion sake when we refer to Christianity we should stick to the central issues (Bible, Theology, Trinity) and not specific denominations. I believe when you're searching for God you should go to the place that delivers the message of Christ, that is true to the teachings of the Bibe and that connects with you. The name of the denomination doesn't matter and you don't become the label of it either. You are a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ. It's like linux distributions, everyone likes a certain flavor but they are all linux operating systems.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 07 2006,9:34)]If god created EVERYTHING, wouldn't he also create evil?

You could say that just as darkness is just the absence of light, and cold is the absence of heat, evil is the absence of God. But wouldn't God have created the absence of God, and thus evil? If God created evil, would he still be God?

If God is omnipresent, how can there be an absence of God (evil?)
    I don't think I can word it any better than this for you:

http://www.gotquestions.org/did-God-create-evil.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Nov. 07 2006,8:55)]Any who it would be rather interesting if they do prove something out the bible. Then I might consider it as truth.
    Since the Bible's words has no weight, lets take this from a historical/archeological stand point.

How about the great flood?
    How about Jesus Christ?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If God is everywhere, he can not be absent, and if evil is the absence of god, then god must have created his own absence (evil). either way, I really don't care that much. Just another paradox.

"You can't evolve nothing into something"

The first "living" things came from amino acids that happened to get the right configuration. You can create something from "nothing". Scientist have tried to do it, but haven't so far. That does not mean they won't one day, though. There are many things scientist hypothesize they can do but can't/haven't yet.

"How about the great flood?"
    So you are telling me that god let everyone besides Noah and his family die because they were "sinful"? What kind of god does that? Are you telling me that you honestly believe that Noah rounded up two of EVERY animal of the opposite sex, considering a huge chunk of the world was unknown at that time. Lets forget the birds-they can fly. Lets forget the fish, they can swim. Lets forget the bugs, let em drown. You are saying that he collected 2 of EVERY reptile, mammal, and amphibian and fit them on a boat? Do you realize this is physically impossible? And don't say "well god has powers, he can do what he wants!" Because that pretty much the Christian playbook and has no weight.

Was there a flood? probably. did it last 60 days and 60 nights? More like 6. Did it cover the earth? No. It covered a large portion of iraq and perhaps turkey. Was there a giant cruz ship full of animals? No. There was a sumerian king who built a barge. Oh yeah, didn't God only give him seven days notice?

"How about Jesus Christ?"
    What about him? We have people who claim to be prophets today. We have people who claim to perform miracles, and people who say those miracles really happened. David Blaine and Chris angel have performed magic tricks that are considerably more realistic and believable that turning water into wine. Chris Angel himself performed a trick where he walked on water with people swimming around and under him at a major Las Vegas hotel.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]The name of the denomination doesn't matter and you don't become the label of it either. You are a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ. It's like linux distributions, everyone likes a certain flavor but they are all linux operating systems.
    Awww hell no! You did not just go there.

All linux distributions were not created equal. lol HOWEVER, I'm a bit more inclined to Linux because there seem to be less bozos trying to convince me I'm going to burn in hellfire for all of eternity because I use Fedora.

The problem is simply that no matter what you do, someone will always think you're going down the wrong path. All you can do is try to live your life the best you can, and try not to get killed by a fanatic in the meantime.

Quote[/b] ]The first "living" things came from amino acids that happened to get the right configuration
    Just a quick interjection: One of the ways that people get mixed up and confused is when they consider evolution to be a linear thing. There is no "right conformation." I've heard people arguing, asking "how can evolution be true when things are so complex?!" The reason is that evolution does not have a GOAL. If I gave you an seven trillion piece puzzle, it would be hard to construct. But if I gave you a limitless number of pieces with which you could join the pieces together in any way you want, then the possibilities are infinite.
    Evolution didn't need to end up making things the way that they are. There are virtually infinite and limitless other possibilities. It would be difficult to construct what we have today from a bottom up type of way, but if your "goal" is merely to construct something, then you can't really lose.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I meant in a right configuration so that is is "living". I should have said "A right configuration" instead of "The right configuration".

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast