What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Further proof of Evolution? 4-finned dolphin....

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
Wow, go to sleep for one night and 5 pages the next day!

I will have to go check some of these out.  The first boom mentioned might be good reading!  LOL

Yup see what you started Clint!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (phissionkorps @ Nov. 07 2006,3:09)]Outsiders...

While I feel that the bible is the most atrocious work to ever slime its way across the literary table (no matter which way you look at it), it is NOT a history book. Taking a bunch of fables compiled by a small secluded group of nomads wandering in the desert 2000 years ago as fact, in light of empirical evidence is rediculous. If you want to debate people here, feel free, go ahead, whatever. But to do so, you need ACTUAL proof, not "well its in the bible, so its true, because the bible says the bible is true, so...the bible must be true". The bible isnt worthless, its a good moral tool...but just as you dont use a pizza cutter to sand a table (not saying a pizza cutter isnt a good tool with a specific purpose), you cant use the bible as evidence for anything...ever...
It is your interpretation that it is just a bunch of fairy tales. To me and many others it is the very word of God. Once again it is your free will to reject and not believe it but that's your own personal gamble.

Luck be a lady...tonight!

I don't see why people don't want be believe in evolution just because we think we evolved from apes. Humans are ANIMALS PEOPLE! We may not be the strongest or the fastest, but we are the smartest. Animals people!

Yes we are animals. We share the same biomechenical workings of mear viruses! Bacterium even! We are all built of the same things. I bet the folks in the bible didn't knwo that. LMAO Sorry I had to. I wonder if those who wrote the bible were suffering from ergot poisoning when they thought they spoke to god?

Any who it would be rather interesting if they do prove something out the bible. Then I might consider it as truth.

Lmao,

Jim Gaffigan as moses: "I just talked to god as a burning bush!"
Others: "..Sure..sure you did Moses. We...think maybe you've been burnin' a little bush.."

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! That was funny!

Wait...so if the bible is the word of god...and the bible preaches creationism and nothing else, especially not evolution...but evolution is proven to be true..that would negate creationism, therefore proving an "all-knowing" god wrong, and thus negating the entire god myth

nah...that makes entirely too much sense...

If god created EVERYTHING, wouldn't he also create evil?

You could say that just as darkness is just the absence of light, and cold is the absence of heat, evil is the absence of God. But wouldn't God have created the absence of God, and thus evil? If God created evil, would he still be God?

If God is omnipresent, how can there be an absence of God (evil?)

i have nothing to interject on the evolution part of this(Mokele has handled that very well). but i was involved in one heck of a religious disscution a few weeks back with some very religious ppl that i extreamly respect who were talking with me(who tends to shy away from religion).

the main point they hammered home in the discussion was that there are no real problems with science and the catholic religion. there opinions is when there is 100% understanding of science and a 100% understanding of the bible than there will be zero conflicts. currently we are a long ways from both. the interesting point on this is none of them have a true science background. they firmly believe in god and firmly believe in science, they are just explaining different things.

But when we have a 100% of science it will disprove alot of the 100% understanding of the bible. IE I am pretty sure that the bible says god created man, but I think it has been provent hat man is a decendant of another animal. So right there will always be a conflict. IMO

The thing is is you guys are singling out a denomination of Christianity, theirs several major branches, and Catholic is just a major one.

Just cause the pope says it doesnt mean other denominations agree or beleive the same thing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Nov. 07 2006,9:31)]But when we have a 100% of science it will disprove alot of the 100% understanding of the bible. IE I am pretty sure that the bible says god created man, but I think it has been provent hat man is a decendant of another animal. So right there will always be a conflict. IMO
one question: if god created the first life and guided it a bit to its present forms does that not mean he infact created man?

hmmmmmmm.........find it rather odd im on the religious side of things............maybe some one should mark this day on a calander?

Nep,

I am not getting my wires crossed, I am a recovering Catholic and I know full well that there are many denominations of Christianity. That said, many Christian denominations take their led from the Pope. And a large portion of the fundamentalists who oppose darwinian evolution are Catholic.

I always thought catholicism (did I spell that right?) was too ritualistic and reminded me too much of a theocracy, with the Pope as the dictator.

preaty much and their whole theory of saints defy's what the bible says. They are worshiping saints as Idols. But w/e

True that you werent Pyro but some people made it sound like it, I wasnt focusing you out, I was posting that as a general statement.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (phissionkorps @ Nov. 07 2006,9:32)]Wait...so if the bible is the word of god...and the bible preaches creationism and nothing else, especially not evolution...but evolution is proven to be true..that would negate creationism, therefore proving an "all-knowing" god wrong, and thus negating the entire god myth

nah...that makes entirely too much sense...
There is no reference to evolution in the Bible, existing or not existing.

Once again you are confused on the concepts of evolution and creation. They are not one in the same. In order for something to evolve it must be first created. You can't evolve nothing into something.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Nov. 07 2006,12:30)]preaty much and their whole theory of saints defy's what the bible says. They are worshiping saints as Idols. But w/e

True that you werent Pyro but some people made it sound like it, I wasnt focusing you out, I was posting that as a general statement.
I think for discussion sake when we refer to Christianity we should stick to the central issues (Bible, Theology, Trinity) and not specific denominations. I believe when you're searching for God you should go to the place that delivers the message of Christ, that is true to the teachings of the Bibe and that connects with you. The name of the denomination doesn't matter and you don't become the label of it either. You are a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ. It's like linux distributions, everyone likes a certain flavor but they are all linux operating systems.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 07 2006,9:34)]If god created EVERYTHING, wouldn't he also create evil?

You could say that just as darkness is just the absence of light, and cold is the absence of heat, evil is the absence of God. But wouldn't God have created the absence of God, and thus evil? If God created evil, would he still be God?

If God is omnipresent, how can there be an absence of God (evil?)
I don't think I can word it any better than this for you:

http://www.gotquestions.org/did-God-create-evil.html

Back