Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why did you vote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]except for the NY state govenor race..I voted for Elliot Spitzer, the democrat.
    because he seems to be a politician with a plan, he seems like he could actually DO something about fixing NY state.

I KNOW, I KNOW!!!!! kick NYC off on its own? course same could be said in most places. what works for the big cities isnt always in the best interest of the rest of the state.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I abstained from the majority of the "cantidate" votes. I did vote against Gov. Schwarzzenegger, I feel he is nothing more than a puppet to the special interest groups that got him elected in the first place. Other than that I voted for measures that are aimed at creating jobs and bolstering the local economy. Oh and I also voted yes for the $2.50 tax on cigarettes. My feeling is that if education and common sense doesn't stop kids from smoking, just make the darn things so expensive that no kids can afford to want to start. And the older addicted ones that already smoke.. well hey let THEM foot the bill for their future medical needs.. not me.

Cheers
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ Nov. 07 2006,5:53)]I abstained from the majority of the "cantidate" votes. I did vote against Gov. Schwarzzenegger, I feel he is nothing more than a puppet to the special interest groups that got him elected in the first place. Other than that I voted for measures that are aimed at creating jobs and bolstering the local economy. Oh and I also voted yes for the $2.50 tax on cigarettes. My feeling is that if education and common sense doesn't stop kids from smoking, just make the darn things so expensive that no kids can afford to want to start. And the older addicted ones that already smoke.. well hey let THEM foot the bill for their future medical needs.. not me.

Cheers
    Steve
    Quote[/b] ]My feeling is that if education and common sense doesn't stop kids from smoking, just make the darn things so expensive that no kids can afford to want to start. And the older addicted ones that already smoke.. well hey let THEM foot the bill for their future medical needs.. not me.
    Amen!
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ Nov. 07 2006,6:53)]I abstained from the majority of the "cantidate" votes. I did vote against Gov. Schwarzzenegger, I feel he is nothing more than a puppet to the special interest groups that got him elected in the first place. Other than that I voted for measures that are aimed at creating jobs and bolstering the local economy. Oh and I also voted yes for the $2.50 tax on cigarettes. My feeling is that if education and common sense doesn't stop kids from smoking, just make the darn things so expensive that no kids can afford to want to start. And the older addicted ones that already smoke.. well hey let THEM foot the bill for their future medical needs.. not me.

Cheers
    Steve
    was wondering what the locals thought of him. i get LA channels via satelite. what ive seen of him hasnt impressed me
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote[/b] (joossa @ Nov. 07 2006,6:08)]
    Quote[/b] ]My feeling is that if education and common sense doesn't stop kids from smoking, just make the darn things so expensive that no kids can afford to want to start. And the older addicted ones that already smoke.. well hey let THEM foot the bill for their future medical needs.. not me.
    Amen!
    -Joel from Southern California

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amendment 1 mentioned earlier sounds similar to Amendment 43 here in Colorado. It would have amended the state constitution to specify that the only marriage recognized by the state would be between a man and a woman. That smacked to much of church being involved in goverment policy to me so I voted against it as I did to all but 4 other amendments and referendums on the ballot. I always wonder where they come up with the they have on the ballots.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted...

No on almost all CA props; some were good ideas but most rely on billions of dollars of borrowed money.

Green on most positions based due to the common-sense policies of candidates. Exceptions were the republican Tom McClintock for Lt. Governor because he seems to understand our government and has reasonable and solid plans for how to improve it, and the republican candidate for Attorney General; I consider both the death penalty and three strikes to be worthy institutions.

So far, the propositions are coming in about 50/50, and the offices are going to big party names. And by the time I voted, the "I Voted" stickers had run out. Some democracy.

Peter
    the cellist

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I stayed up late late watching the returns. It was like watching a [very slow] horse race. A real nail biter! All eyes were on the hotly contested VA Senate race. At this point Webb appears to be leading. They say it will be a recount. Last I heard this morning there was an approximately 8,000 vote difference. Doubt that can be made up on a recount so I hope Macaca Allen just concedes.

Sadly, the Amendment #1 passed.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast