Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why did you vote

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks for clearing that all up Bruce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allen has all but conceded the election here in VA, thus the democrats control BOTH houses of congress \o/
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I suppose the question may also be "Why didn't you vote?"

And the answer might be: 'Dunno, they said something. It had the word "felony count" in it. I wasn't paying attention though. :shrug:

Nah, felons can vote here. I can't.

::PS To avoid a party van busting down my door and carting me off, I now have my selective service registartion card so I'm Jonathan "ex-felon" Treffkorn now!::

::PPS If you're taking this seriously, you probably need an enema.::

I'm interested in these election results! I was watching updates last night as it progressed. I'm looking forward to things being shaken up. I'm glad that Arnold was voted in for a full term of governorship here in California.
    ¯\(º_o)/¯ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted not just for or against candidates, constitutional amendments, or propositions, but, in doing so, also for democracy.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately there is no quick fix for the war. We can't exactly bug out and say "Oh sorry for ----ing up your country. Bye now!" We have created such havoc in Iraq. I can't imagine how it can be made right. Bush has embarrassed the US before the whole world.

This war was a massive mistake and bungled all the way through. And personally, I think it was more Bush's PRIDE than anything else that kept him "staying the course." He just could not, would not admit he made a mistake. I wish all politicians would learn its better to say "I changed my mind" or "That was a mistake" than to keep persuing something that's WRONG. Politicians are human and make mistakes too. Just admit it as soon as you realize you bungled and then DO something to make it right instead of continuing to blunder through the china shop.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "happy days are here again. Let us sing a song of cheer again. Happy Days are here again." The bums finally got the bum's rush. Now they can all go home and make all the money they want to since that's all they love, attend church every waking hour since Jesus is the be all and end all of everything, start playing war games in the backyard so they can use put all that Iraqi waste -- oops, experience -- to SOME good use and search day and night for their neighborhood terrorists .

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Letme just say that I am so sick of political discussions, especially those that have people that are convinced the other side has never done any good within the past 25 years… (not that anyone here seems to be that type) when people start doing that it makes me knot up in silent frustration. Democrats, republicans it doesn’t matter. I’m sick of them all!

I used to contribute to political discussions so willingly to defend my left of center point of view, but really, what’s the point in defending your views and having to justify them to others, anyway? Besides, I feel I am far closer to center than I used to be.

And about the evolution debate, it’s the same as politics for me. I have concluded that it is not worth the energy trying to convert someone to your point of view even if by some small miracle you succeed.
    that makes no logic

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast