Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why did you vote

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted today, and I was wondering why people vote the way they do.

Do you vote straight for one party, do you choose the best person for each position, or do you flip a coin?

I'll start off with how I voted today. My first priority today was to vote for Bonner Stiller for state representative. He was the only republican I voted for. I voted for him because he is the ONLY politician that has helped in our fight to stop out of state landfills from opening up in NC. This includes the landfill that is planned to be built in the Green Swamp and the Hugo-nue auto landfill. Both of those members here have signed petitions to stop. So of course I voted to re-elect him.

Other than that I wanted to send a message to the people in power now that I am very unhappy with the way this country is currently being ran. So I voted Democrat for the rest.

There were a few offices that only had one person listed to vote for. I didn't cast a vote for those people.

One major regret I have is that I didn't educate myself on who was running for the office of Soil and Water Conservation. I didn't even know these people were voted in. With all the construction and growth in this county, I believe this is one of the most important issues. And I wasted my vote for it. Next time I I'll be prepared for that.

I was hoping to vote for some independent or other 3rd parties, but there was not even one on the ballot. That was a bummer since I'm an independent.

So how do you decide who you're going to vote for?

Please don't let this become a political debate, we have plenty of other threads for that. Just describe why you vote for who you vote for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote for candidates that share the same ideologies that I have and support propositions that back up my beliefs.

This does not mean that I will suppot only candidates for a certain party. It means that I will support those that have the same views that I do on certain topics (like education, environmet protection, and immigration), whether they are republicans, democrats, or independents.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted straight Democrat on most issues. One-party rule in our country has been an unmitigated disaster. There needs to be a balance, so neither party can run wild. That, and ending the war of aggression on Iraq are the two most important issues.

On local issues, I voted for the good ideas and rejected the bad. My opinions on those didn't reflect one party or ideology - I find both parties can come up with some pretty bad ideas! LOL!!!!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i vote for candidates not parties.............why did i vote(actually will vote, going over at lunch) becaus ei dont want that #$%&ing nazi for county sheriff
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted Democratic. The Democrats come closer to my views though its not a match on everything. I also want to see the Republicans defeated for a number of reasons, not the least of which is my distaste for how much they are influenced and infiltrated by the "religious right." I firmly believe in the separation of Church and State and I see too much Christian doctrine being woven into our laws. All that stuff with the Terry Shaivo case was absolutely appalling! Making such a heartwrenching personal situation into a political football for right-to-lifers. Religion is fine, but not in my government! And of course the war was an issue and a number of other things.

I did not vote for two city council seats. I didn't know the candidates and there was just one running for each position so it really didn't matter anyway.

I voted "No" to VA Amendment #1 which was basically an anti-gay-marriage amendment. There was HEAVY advertising for a "no" vote on this amendment here. I don't know if it will pass or not. I can't imagine conservative rural VA voting "no" on this but maybe the cities will defeat it.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YAY PAK! Go Democrats!

Down with Amendment #1!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted Devos (Rep) in Michigan. Devos did a pretty good job in Grand Rapids. I felt that Granholm (Dem) did not do a good enough job in Michigan. I voted for Granholm last election. I hope for Dem house & Senate for Checks & Balances. I also voted for Dove hunting in Michigan.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vote for the party that is in favor of ending the Iraq war.
    the party that wants to end the war properly.
    I vote against the party that wants to keep the war going indefinately, and supports a plan that will cause much more death and war for the people of Iraq.

One party's plan can result in eventual peace for the region.
    The other party's plan will only result in more war.
    I am in favor of ending the war, not making it worse.
    I vote for the party that has the only plan for peace.
    The other party's plan will only result in more death and chaos.

thats why I vote Republican.

except for the NY state govenor race..I voted for Elliot Spitzer, the democrat.
    because he seems to be a politician with a plan, he seems like he could actually DO something about fixing NY state.
    So I voted for who I thought was the better man for the job..in this case it happened to be the Democrat.

Scot

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast