User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Universe Theory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get a kick out of people who challenge the orthodoxy and here's another - http://newuniversetheory.com/. My father met him at a meeting of retired engineers and I'm just impressed the guy has the gonads to name his theory NUT.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best line on the whole page.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Big bang believers have been reluctant to consider new concepts, because of peer pressure and they have not yet read and pondered this NUT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While challenging orthodoxy is usually how many new theories begin, this… makes statements and I don’t see any studies or evidence cited to back up the… claims in this page. The references cite books, not scientific papers or studies.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet if this was actually found to be true, there'd be evangelical organizations trying to get stickers put on textbooks about how NUT is "just a theory". They're quite happy with the "let there be light" Big Bang I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying I agree with him, because the origin of the universe is a faith-based issue for me. I put my faith in science and, if this guy is on to something, I can read about it in a few years when it's the new orthodoxy. But I do get a kick out people like him. There's one in geology, Thomas Gold, who's pushed the idea that petroleum has an ~inorganic origin (microbial transformation of primal methane). Like the NUT guy, Thomas Gold comes from a nontraditional background and has more self-esteem than is healthy. But I was in grad school in the 1980s when I first heard of him and just a mention of his hypothesis was enough to get some faculty shorts all twisted in a knot.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche