What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why i dont make the wife mad.......

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
Yea theirs a species some where down in arizona I beleive... It gets preaty big too... you can buy the skins online though I beleive. And live ones for a couple hundred bucks

Hey Rattler, do you have one of those yet?

No.. You can't buy the skins online. You can buy the animals though.

no monster toads.................wife doesnt think i need one of those big arse cane toads, ive asked...........forget which species gives you a high but im not terribly interested in that. seems like a coroner visit waiting to happen to me
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Nov. 15 2006,12:39)]no monster toads.................wife doesnt think i need one of those big arse cane toads, ive asked...........forget which species gives you a high but im not terribly interested in that. seems like a coroner visit waiting to happen to me
tounge.gif
I can tell you which species it is. It is those big arse cane toads
tounge.gif

Did you mean a big arse 'caine toad??
scratch.gif

ive heard the cane toads can but there is another native species in Colorado or AZ or similar that is also well known for it.............Colorado river toad maybe? native toad species arent my thing. heck ive got one in my basement i havent bothered to key out yet and she's been down there for 4 months. use her tank as a depositing place for all the large grass spiders that make their way indoors

i thought having one of those big arse cane toads would be cool.......dang thing would be almost as big as my dog........the wife doesnt think it would be an interesting addition.

B. alvarius (Colorado river toad) contains 5-MeO-DMT and Bufotenin. Both are P. active Tryptamines. The interesting part is the former is almost exclusively found in plants. Neat!

The cane (B. marinus I think) toad only contains Bufotenin as the only P. active Tryptamine.

I don't advise toad licking. Along with Bufotenin and 5-MeO-DMT they can also carry Bufotoxin. Nasty. Theres a religioun that considers toad toxins to be holy, and they primarily smoke the dried "milk". It destroys the bad Bufotoxin among other nasties.

We have Bufo americanus and Bufo fowleri here. Wonder what they have in them?

is this the same cane toad that invaded australia?

MMMM HHHHMMMMM

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Ozzy, ofcourse your right in that they do it different ways. and yes i am aware of some using the slicing of the throat but none in their right mind would hang a consious cow upside down before slashing its throat. tis a workmans comp lawsuit waiting to happen. sure its cruel to the animal but its also down right dangerous to the ppl involved

Rattler, I'm not saying that cows may be done that way. I have never seen the process in person so I didn't fell I should give a comment on it. I was just telling about what I have seen with my own eyes.

I did see a cow slaughtered on film. The cow was led to a stall, a metal "block" came down around it's neck. Kind of like the stocks that they use to put people in a punishment. Then a blade came up and cut it's throat.

Lovely bunch of deers! Im going home for thanksgiving break and can't wait to get some hunting in!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Nov. 16 2006,3:25)]is this the same cane toad that invaded australia?
yeah but the SOB's dont stand a chance in heck of surviving out winters...............not like im dumb enough to turn one loose anyways

no-one suggested you were

Oh how this thread was woven. Started out with Rattler's wife and her kill and ended up with Cane toads. No wonder I can't keep up with it.My mind is too old to be wondering around in 7 directions at once.
Lois

Interesting stuff bout the cows. I was at a persons property where he raised his own cows briefly while following my dad round his job.(400 or so acre plot in the mountains that he is dividing up to develop and to keep one smaller plot for himself). While I've never be really scared of rattlesnakes and the like these cows sure made me nervous staring us down as we walked around. The guy says he has one that is pretty aggressive when riled up, and most of the males had a full complement of horns.

I bet deer meat is good! If I get a chance, someday I'd like to take up hunting, maybe bowhunting.

It's ... stringy? It's good but it's like string-cheese meat
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 17 2006,5:19)]It's ... stringy? It's good but it's like string-cheese meat
biggrin.gif
what in the world are you eating? texture wise its not much different than beef other than a bit drier due to lack of fat. the taste is different and with some ppl its an aquired taste. i like it but rarely cut any steaks for grillind cause #1 im not good at cutting steaks and #2 on the grill i will take GOOD beef, elk or bison over deer.

most of our deer are cut into what we label "experiment meat" either tough or tender depending on where on the deer it came from. tough cuts are from the front quarters and neck, tender are from part of the hind quarters, backstrap(most of which is cut into 3/4 inch thick butterfy steaks for the grill) and tender loins. tough cuts are put into dishes that require a bit more time in the oven with various sauces that help tenderize the meat(though with a youngish doe such as Darla's its rarely actually needed). also from these we make stuff like "beef" Wellington, stew and a dozen or more other recepies. the tender cuts are thrown into stuff we want to have done fast. generally stuff that has much less than 45 minutes worth of cooking time. alot of times ill sear this stuff in a frying pan, throw some golden mushroom soup over it and toss it in the oven for a half hour and than dump it over rice, a quick, filling and easy meal.

deer is good meat but elk, bison and moose is even better. ill take bison(even ranch raised) over beef any day.

I like deer meat...its pretty good. Rattler, if the tough parts are too tough for you, marinate then in pure papaya juice for a few hours. It contains some enzyme that is extremely good at breaking down meats. Hell, marinate all meats in papaya juice, it makes them so much more tender.

Never had elk or moose unfortunately, though I did eat kangaroo once, but I agree...bison burgers are pretty much where its at.

I had bear meat once and I thought that was stringy.  Not in a bad way, but more like a chuck pot roast falls apart in a stringy kind of way.  I don't remember ever being a fan of venison, but the moose I tried was good.  If everyone would turn their adolescent thought centers off for a moment, I'll even say I ate beaver once (barbecued) and it was awfully good.  Of course barbecued anything is tasty with a good sauce and technique.  As a vegetarian now, I leave the animals alone and just have some smoked gamebird once a year.  Although I missed it this year.

Back